Next Legend of Zelda - How will it be??

demonflair

Slowly returning..
Feb 10, 2007
Portugal, Portimão
Wii Online Code
2967-1215-6372-5681
Some people say that it will have Cell Shading graphics like Wind Waker had.
Some people say that it will be a better game than Ocarina of Time...
Some people say that it will be revolutionary...

Well according to this site:

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=5412

Eiji Aonouma would love to make a “Wind Waker” for the Wii.

So what are your thoughts??

That's a question of speculation. I honesty don't mind the wind waker cell shaded graphics, it gives the potential of beautiful cell shading over alright looking realism. Kind of makes you wonder what Zelda would look like if it had the oppertunity to be on something with a little more umph in hardware.

Even if say a Zelda did come out with the potential of being "better" than Ocarina, no one would ever admit it. It's an absolute classic that will always be cherished as such. I regard it as the best, because I hold fond memories of it when I was younger. As for revolutionary... that seems to be the bar set for wii games right now.. Something that will wow us all.

Well I kinda hated the mature Zelda feel. I dont think it really fits it the series. But I dont think they are going back to the cell shading yet. After all thats Miyamoto's call not Aonouma's. That very unfortunate in this case because I think Aonouma does a fantastic job with the cell shading. I cant remember where, but I believe that Ive heard they are still making a new mature Zelda some place on the internet...sorry I cant give you the article but it was on Digg.com. However, that information was coming from an anonymous person so it can be very fake! Keep in mind that they already have a 3D cell shaded Zelda coming October 1st 2007....PHANTOM HOURGLASS!!! Lets just wait until July (E3) to find out whats going on with the series.

I really don't mind how the graphics look in Zelda games (although better graphics are preferred). I am also a fan of cell-shaded graphics, so I am more than happy to hear that he is thinking about making a Wind Waker style Zelda game for the Wii.

SadistBlue said:
Even if say a Zelda did come out with the potential of being "better" than Ocarina, no one would ever admit it. It's an absolute classic that will always be cherished as such. I regard it as the best, because I hold fond memories of it when I was younger.

Couldn't agree more with you...

Oh God not another kiddy graphics Zelda. Come on Twilight Princess was great the way it was.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think alot of the reason people think of Ocarina as "the best" is because, yes it was a phenomenal game, but it was also the first game to thrust Link into 3D. So it had that element of shock and awe. We were constantly going around saying "ooh, look at that, look how it looks in 3d! look how he moves, look at that attack..." and so on. I love the game, I have two copies of it, but I really don't see it as THE BEST, and I believe Nintendo could definitely top it should they try. Twilight Princess was pretty good, and given my personal taste for the darker stuff (ghosts, paranormal, etc.) I was more drawn in by the whole Twilight thing.

The next Zelda will probably be MUCH better than TP, as it will be designed specifically for the wii's control scheme, rather than being a mid-production port.

As far as the graphics, they can do whatever they want, because it's always been about the experience of Zelda for me, not the look of it. Just so long as they don't revert back to the old CDi look! lol

The next zelda has been anounced to be way different then all of the other zelda's in the series so it probobly wont be an action/adventure/rpg type

mikeomatic2 said:
The next zelda has been anounced to be way different then all of the other zelda's in the series so it probobly wont be an action/adventure/rpg type

I need a source...

Well, that's not exactly what they said. All they said is that TP is a Gamecube game in the first place. Zelda Wii will be capable of much more and be slightly different from what we've seen so far. This doesn't mean they'd change it into a Shooter or something. Zelda will be Zelda forever.

Oh yeah, here are 2 sources : http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Wii
and because that's just a wiki, here another article :
http://www.wiiblog.net/zelda-wii-in-development-339/

it says "Details are sketchy at this point, although it is known that Miyamoto previously stated that Twilight Princess was to be the end of the traditional Zelda experience, so expect something a little different this time around. With the game being developed from the ground up for Wii, we can most probably expect Wii-mote functionality to be alot more influencial on gameplay."

Don't expect any fundimental changes.

well, this and better Graphics should be just logical, but you should focus on the first part of the Quote:

Details are sketchy at this point, although it is known that Miyamoto previously stated that Twilight Princess was to be the end of the traditional Zelda experience, so expect something a little different this time around. With the game being developed from the ground up for Wii, we can most probably expect Wii-mote functionality to be alot more influencial on gameplay.

That's what we're curious about.

Back