Next Wii Shipment

MedicalChimp

WiiChat Member
Apr 15, 2007
I have recently talked to employees of best buy and circuit city. The two people that i talked to said that Nintendo is stockpiling consoles in preperation for a type of re-release. They said that by the end of April. Most stores should have wiis on their shelves. I don't know how true this is but if anyone out there does, please let me know. I get really frustrated trying to find a wii. I don't like ebay. evil....:mad2:

im not sure what nintendo is trying to do with the wiis but thats an interesting theory.

btw, welcome to wiichat :thumbsup:

it's the old "you cant get in" approach used by Cartman on south park. Nintendo kept them all to themselves, giving the impression that these things are impossible to come by, therefor everyone wants one to be cool and have one and rub it in the faces of their friends. and all this anticipation builds and builds and after the whole population is frothing at the mouth saying "gimme gimme gimme!" nintendo will flood the stores with Wiis and everyone and their grandmother will buy like 6 wiis each, out of sheer delirium.

Last edited:
BEST BUY??? YOU TRUST ANYTHING SAID BY ANYONE AT BEST BUY????
The GeekSquad is like Santa, you see people dressed up everywhere but never get the goods from ANY of them.
If so, You may be interested in In getting the jump on the PS-4. I am building one in my garage.... just dont complain about the ducktape it is for holding the four ps-1 units together.

Well the bestbuy near me got 25 five wii's in. So maybe they are starting to come in now. Cus its been over 2 months since their last shipment of Wii's.

ebGames says 4/27/07

MedicalChimp said:
I have recently talked to employees of best buy and circuit city. The two people that i talked to said that Nintendo is stockpiling consoles in preperation for a type of re-release. They said that by the end of April. Most stores should have wiis on their shelves. I don't know how true this is but if anyone out there does, please let me know. I get really frustrated trying to find a wii. I don't like ebay. evil....:mad2:

ebGames.com (http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=B020070K) says they're shipping 4/27/07. A week ago the preorders were scheduled to ship 4/23/07. This leads me to believe another "re-roll out" might occur in stores this weekend or next.

True

Darth_Zant said:
it's the old "you cant get in" approach used by Cartman on south park. Nintendo kept them all to themselves, giving the impression that these things are impossible to come by, therefor everyone wants one to be cool and have one and rub it in the faces of their friends. and all this anticipation builds and builds and after the whole population is frothing at the mouth saying "gimme gimme gimme!" nintendo will flood the stores with Wiis and everyone and their grandmother will buy like 6 wiis each, out of sheer delirium.

Yes that is so true! I have been saying that from the start.

Darth_Zant said:

I don't know if that's true, but if it is, it's pretty stupid because I hate video games... like really hate video games. However, when recently visiting a friend I was forced to play and absolutely loved the whole Wii thing. So if others are like me then the more out there the greater the demand will be (but demand seems to be doing pretty well with the low supply strategy).

The Best Buy guys told me the same thing last week. "Late april, early may there should be NO problem getting one. The rep was in last week.. yadda yadda yadda...."

I noticed they had about 8 controllers and 2 nunchucks in stock. Almost bought them, but thought nahh... I can wait till I have my wii.

Then today (as usual) called both Gamestops, nothing. Had to pick up an Rx for my daughter at Target.. nada.. But, they had about 20 controllers and 10 nunchucks on the shelves.. WAY more than they did last week. And the gamestop guys when I ask keep saying "no, we got in just controllers".

I didn't see if BB got more. I bet they did.

So it seems like maybe nintendo is stocking these first getting ready for the big release. I mean, we all know they make more money on games/accessories (like extra controllers) than on the machine itself. So it could be starting.

The only problem is, if I walk in and they're stocked, it won't be as fun as racing to the store to get that last one on the shelf.. lol!

BTW, at my friends playing Wii again tonight.. I took home the bowling title belt.. first to win 3 games takes it home.. I've never won, but tonight I was on fire! :)

The stores around here get shipments every Sunday. Best buy and circuit city getting anywhere from 10-20 and Target , toys r us and Walmart getting around 30-50. Your best bet to get one is at Toys r us , Target and Walmart. Stay away from Best buy and EB games. Those places have no clue what they are talking about. It's not that they are being held back, it's that as soon as they come in they are gone in a matter of hours. Check the news papers on Sunday mornings, they say how many each store is getting.

It has been a long time since we have had a shipment. I am not at liberty to say anything else. WINK WINK.

Im still wondering when the price drop is going to be. Seeing as how long it has been don't you think it would be something either early summer or in August or something? The price drop would also include the New Colors but I don't think I can wait that long to get a Wii.:nono:

There will not be a price drop till at least till next year if not 2009. The Wii is already the cheapest console on the market. Look at the PSP they just dropped their price within the last month and that has been out at least 2 years now. If your waiting for a price drop you are waiting a long time. Besides is $250 that much to spend anyway?

^ Well I was thinking the price drop would be $200 and it would be an introduction to the new colors but I guess your right. I guess game systems just don't drop in price like they used too.

Back