Nfl!!!!

gamerdude247 said:
yeah the broncos have a strong defense, but their passing game isn't the best, but i still like them

Well if we only liked our teams when they were good then what would be the point? You would jump teams every year or two.

How do you guys think that the atlanta falcons will do this seasons, considering that michael vick situation

a couple years ago our school had a public speaking contes (wich i won) my speech was called "Super Bowl, ment to be in new orleans" since i finally have a thread that i can discuss football with other football fan i wanna hear your oppinion

Do you think that the nfl will host a super bowl in new orleans in the next few years, even tho new orleans is still very much devistated from Katrina, this superbowl would bring a huge economic boos to the city and bring back the tourism that this town was famous for, and this town is a football town, ever since the saints' succses season, this town solely relise on their football and mardi gras tourism wise, do you think the superbowl will return new orleans from the ashes or do you think a superbowl their right now will be a total failier and that it will bring a bad image to the league or will it make the league look like heroes for bringing new orleans back to life......................opinions?

The falcons...from what I saw in the preseason they should be a .500 team maybe 7-9, harrington looks to have found a decent home there in atlanta, no playoffs, but a respectable season (considering the loss of vick).

As for the super bowl they've had two in san diego, one in '98 then again in '03, I think the favorable climate that time of year is part of the reason, but isn't the saints' stadium a dome? So I see no reason for them not to have one there again in the next few years. It would help their economy immensely, but you have to consider whether or not the city as a whole is ready for that. A lot of the state is still rebuilding, but I say in the next few years it will return, and I think the NFL would be stupid not to. New Orleans needs it, maybe not ready this year or next, but in a few they'll be ready for it. Just my opinion.

Favorite team is Titans, favorite player is....who else? Vince Young. Teams in it.....Eagles and Patriots again. Patriots win again.

manufan15 said:
Favorite team is Titans, favorite player is....who else? Vince Young. Teams in it.....Eagles and Patriots again. Patriots win again.

wow the eagles, i havent thought of them as a championship winning team, but i think this year might be different, they are gonna have their hands full with the cowboys, if they can make it through them, they could be a good team this year

zapasant93 said:
wow the eagles, i havent thought of them as a championship winning team, but i think this year might be different, they are gonna have their hands full with the cowboys, if they can make it through them, they could be a good team this year
The real question with the eagles is if mcnabb can stay healthy, if he goes down so do their chances of making the playoffs, let alone the super bowl. Also whoever said that is just going off of what chris berman said on espn, eagles won't make it, and I whole heartedly believe that. Its going to be either dallas or new orleans representing the nfc IMO.

blueovalboy7 said:
The real question with the eagles is if mcnabb can stay healthy, if he goes down so do their chances of making the playoffs, let alone the super bowl. Also whoever said that is just going off of what chris berman said on espn, eagles won't make it, and I whole heartedly believe that. Its going to be either dallas or new orleans representing the nfc IMO.

you can count the eagles out if the loose mcnabb again, considering that they lost garcia to the buckaneers, but i think the same would go for dallas, they dont really have a confident fallback either, i think its going to be an intresting division this year, with phili, dallas, Ny , and the redskins.....im gonna be really enterntained that that division this year....CANT WAIT!!

zapasant93 said:
you can count the eagles out if the loose mcnabb again, considering that they lost garcia to the buckaneers, but i think the same would go for dallas, they dont really have a confident fallback either, i think its going to be an intresting division this year, with phili, dallas, Ny , and the redskins.....im gonna be really enterntained that that division this year....CANT WAIT!!
Should be a dogfight (pardon the pun) in the nfc east this year, but honestly I can't see the eagles making it to the division championship let alone the super bowl this year even with mcnabb around for the whole season. Redskins are a spoiler team, they have their moments and can ruin seasons for other teams, ny has to prove a lot to me, dallas is my front runner, and the eagles are going to need to prove to me as well that they can hold it together for the whole season.

Yeah, but if McNabb does stay health, you better watch out. Brian Westbrook is the backbone of that team, and even though they lost Jerimiah Trotter, the defence is still great.

hmmmmm, i was watching the nfl pregame show, and they were discussing a very intresting topic

"both eli manning and tony romo ended their season in a bad note, wich Quaterback is most likely to have a bounce back season"

opinions anyone??

manufan15 said:
Yeah, but if McNabb does stay health, you better watch out. Brian Westbrook is the backbone of that team, and even though they lost Jerimiah Trotter, the defence is still great.
I disagree, westbrook is a bit overrated, and without trotter they lost more than just a great defensive player, they lost a motivator and a leader in the locker room. They will not make it to the super bowl, and I will stand by that.

zapasant93 said:
hmmmmm, i was watching the nfl pregame show, and they were discussing a very intresting topic

"both eli manning and tony romo ended their season in a bad note, wich Quaterback is most likely to have a bounce back season"

opinions anyone??
Well with eli he just played terrible for the last few games of the season while romo played a little better in regards to eli, but just had one non-qb mistake with the field goal and they would've been in the playoffs last year. So my take is that romo will bounce back faster, but I think eli will make a comeback as well just may take a game or two more than romo. Just my opinion though.

Back