NFS Carbon

are the controls better than a gamepad though?

I would only get this if it controls better than an anologue stick set up.

Toastie said:
are the controls better than a gamepad though?

I would only get this if it controls better than an anologue stick set up.

The controls are much better if you use the nunchuck configuration. It's much more easier to handle and I actually can win races. It's better than a gamepad because you can comfort yourself by stretching your arms our a little more than having both hands on a gamepad.

Using the wiimote as the gas pedal works really well.

Obviously not as involving as a proper pedal and wheel set up, but I think it does a pretty good job at immersing you.

Paralex said:
I just bought NFS Carbon today. Not good at all. The controls are *garbage*. You can't steer at all because of the sensitive controlling. If you plan on buying it, please don't, unless you want a headache. Just my 2 cents.

Give it a chance. I use the default set up and it works fine with and without the steering wheel adapter. It did take me a good couple of hours of gameplay to get really comfortable with it though...but I've always had a slow learning curve on racing games. Once you get the hang of the drift races the game becomes a blast. I've never played many racing games, but Carbon caught my attention and it's actually one of my Wii Favorites right now.

Paralex said:
The controls are much better if you use the nunchuck configuration. It's much more easier to handle and I actually can win races. It's better than a gamepad because you can comfort yourself by stretching your arms our a little more than having both hands on a gamepad.

what about using the wiimote as the steering wheel?

am i the only one who can handle control set 1!!?

The game is great. I use setup 4.
First I used setup 1 and, yes it was carbage. But using it with the Nunchaku, it is just great. I own Most Wanted for the PC, and this seems just better..... Great work EA!!!!

ok so using the wiimote as a steering wheel sucks but using the ninchuck as a steering wheel rocks, whats the difference?

im using the wiimote as steering wheel,and im also using the gt pro series wheel,and im in 88% of the game with no problem.

Paralex said:
I just bought NFS Carbon today. Not good at all. The controls are *garbage*. You can't steer at all because of the sensitive controlling. If you plan on buying it, please don't, unless you want a headache. Just my 2 cents.

Apart from an Atari and PS1, I've owned a console prior to the Wii. I was a bit hesitant in purchasing this game since I wasnt a full on rev head and the reviews put me off due to the controls and graphics.

However, I thought I'd buy the game... and I'm so addicted to it. I've only completed 12% of the game in career mode, but man it's so cool.

It took me a learning curve of approx. 2.5 hours because of the controls, as I am a PC user.

And I use the controls whereby the nunchuk acts as the handbrake by pulling towards yourself and using the control stick to steer. I then use the wiimote to accelerate 45deg downwards, and brake/reverse by pulling back the wiimote to an upright position. It's so cool, honestly, the control threw me off, but I just absolutely love these controls and using the speedbreaker (??) and NOS around the corners is astounded me. The cop chases get my blood pumping drifting around corners, knocking those trucks with logs to create a barrier to the cops is always fun.

I just love it! When I decided to buy it, the store had run out, and i was so bummed, so I thought I'd try another store, and had one left. Man I feel so lucky that I managed to get it - it's Wiikd!!!!!!

To let you know a little about myself, I am predominately a FPS player at lan nights, driving sims and the like, were never my forte, but with these new innovative controls.. it has made me so addicted to playin' NFS:carbon and would have no hestitation in purchasing the next title if there was one to come later in 2007.

Cheers
Julz

everyone should buy this game, there

Back