NFS: Carbon

Kris

WiiChat Member
Nov 15, 2006
As a long time Adventure/RPG fan I never really saw the appeal of Need For Speed games, or any racing games (besides Mario Kart and Burnout). When I saw a gameplay video of this I noticed two things:
1. Very, VERY nice graphics.
2. Very tight innovative controls.

This game actually looks worth our time afterall.

What do you think?

need-for-speed-carbon-20061027103732570.jpg

More EA shite
hate there adds with actuall gameplay footage
you cant show gameplay

Darkprinny said:
More EA shite
hate there adds with actuall gameplay footage
you cant show gameplay

Surely thats a good thing? Well I think it is... shows me what to expect while playing. Instead of those adds which are nothing like the game, e.g the different camera views of Brawl.

Have you seen the add for the new WW2 game from them
wheres the first person veiw ?

I never liked the NFS controls, i downloaded NFS carbon for my PSP (yes im a PSPirate "arghhh matey") and its ****. I'm gonna get the Wii version because of teh controls and console versions are better.

Darkprinny said:
Have you seen the add for the new WW2 game from them
wheres the first person veiw ?

I haven't :) but I take your word for it
But its all cool with NFS IMO, vids i've seen with gameplay make it look better, showing you what you actually get, instead of some over exaggerated advert, that makes the game look better then it is

Wiired said:
I haven't :) but I take your word for it
But its all cool with NFS IMO, vids i've seen with gameplay make it look better, showing you what you actually get, instead of some over exaggerated advert, that makes the game look better then it is
ads usually show a video/cut scene of the game, which is nothing what the game looks like. I hate that too.

the first ic posted is wat ea call gameplay
you cant see gameplay you play game play

Yeh, that's a gameplay screen. I got up to the last race on the PC version, and then uninstalled it out of rage. I think I already ranted about this on another thread, so I'll spare you lot. But I will give you a simple list of the things wrong with this game:

Impossible AI.
Fast Catch-Up on the AI.
Biased towards Exotic and Tuner cars. The game HATES Muscle cars in a big way.
There's no point to the territory winning / losing, as you can just restart a race, so you'll never actually lose territory.
Your Crew AI is horrible, and they will often-times get in front of you and brake, causing you to crash and obviously, lose the race.
Canyon Duels are impossibly hard to win with Muscle cars. Especially the final boss race.
Costs too much money too upgrade more than 2 cars with full tier 3 pro packages.
Pursuit Challenges are ridiculously easy thanks to retarded Cop AI. ( Sit in view of a roadblock, and watch your pursuit time go up, with no need to actually drive. )
Drifting is probably the best mode in all of the NFS games, and this game has only a few drift events.
What happened to Drag events?
Canyon races are supposed to be the main focus of this new game, but there are hardly any of them throughout the single-player career.
Win the pink-slips to the boss cars, and you'll never have any trouble beating the races, as your car parts are about 3 levels above the rest of the racers cars.
Speed Trap races require no actual driving, as often-times your crew member will be faster than any of the other racers. If your crew member wins, you win.

Well, that's pretty much all I could think off that pissed me off about this game. I'm sure some of you will still get it and ignore my words, and whats more, some of you will actually like it, just to spite me.

This is just my opinion of the game, so take it or leave it.

Personally, I still play Most Wanted, and I find it to be about 1000x better than this game.

Back