need for speed carbon

spenser101

I Love nintendo!!
Dec 16, 2006
Kent , Washington
Wii Online Code
7560-1554-2929-7771
I waz wondering if nfs carbon waz worth buying..... I got it, but i cant play it till christmas , tell me how the game play and graphics are.. plz

quick review 4 u.

graphics,better(not by much) than gamecube,less than 360.

if you have the gt pro or 4x4 wheel gameplay its great.
the cars respond almost perfect to the wiimote

music typical ea trax

I am absolutely obsessed with the game.

But first off I am a total greaser and second my favorite games are car games where you can customize from under or oversteerage to exahust tips.

I think it is a great game and offers two great dynamics to the NFS series that all the previous ones didn't offer.

1. Muscle Cars- these cars have great top speed and acceleration but have 0 control, exactly like the real thing.

2. Drafting- Takes some getting used to and A LOT of practice not to hit any walls but can be avoided pretty well if you can't do it.

Overall I think its a great buy.

Method of Rhythm said:

But first off I am a total greaser and second my favorite games are car games where you can customize from under or oversteerage to exahust tips.

I think it is a great game and offers two great dynamics to the NFS series that all the previous ones didn't offer.

1. Muscle Cars- these cars have great top speed and acceleration but have 0 control, exactly like the real thing.

2. Drafting- Takes some getting used to and A LOT of practice not to hit any walls but can be avoided pretty well if you can't do it.

good review, im thinkin about buying it myself. how much is the wheel attachment for the controller?

And off topic, im from long island too (mineola) how about you?

I would probably let go of this and get it for the PS3 instead. the controls aren't too nice on the wii.

The steering wheel you are describing is around twenty bones at EB Games. I wouldn't bother with it to be honest.

I am from West Islip, not too far but not too close.

Don't forget my rep.
(scale to the left)

I have a hard time trying to do what i usually do on NFS when e-braking and counter steering on a hard turn.

i guess, but with NFS, it's pretty straight forward. They most all usually work the same.

Link_ said:
quick review 4 u.

graphics,better(not by much) than gamecube,less than 360.

if you have the gt pro or 4x4 wheel gameplay its great.
the cars respond almost perfect to the wiimote

music typical ea trax
you cant even use the wheel with this game because to turn you tilt not turn the wii remote

Method of Rhythm said:

I am not tryin to hate on you or anything, but you say you are a greaser and you dont know DRIFTING from DRAFTING?

come on dude :p

but yeah, the game freakin rulez

Deathmetalmaster said:
I am not tryin to hate on you or anything, but you say you are a greaser and you dont know DRIFTING from DRAFTING?

come on dude :p

but yeah, the game freakin rulez

Give me a break it was like 2:00 AM ET or something to that effect.

And of course I know the difference between drifting and drafting. Quit busting balls.

But I do thank you for bringing up a point that I failed to mentioned in my overview of NFS.

They introduce "crew" members that you can choose to higher a maximum of 3 or none at all. There are three types:

1. Drafters- On a straight away, you may activate them and they will pull ahead of you and you will follow them and then "catapult" ahead with a burst of speed.

2. Blockers- Probably the most useful of the three available. These crew members once activated in a race will take out opponents causing them to "spin-out" or crash into something. Allowing you to take an enormous lead.

3. Scouts- My least favorite. They ride ahead of you the entire race and find all the "shortcuts" that we are all familiar with in NFS titles. I think it takes away from the fun of the game and quite often they cross the finish line first taking away from the racing experience.

I prefer not to use any of them but really its all up to you.

Back