Need For Speed: Carbon

StwrX03 said:
I beat the game with the Murceilago. I won all of the boss cars. Drifting is easiest with RWD. AWD makes the canyon races easier. I raced Darius for atleast 2 hours and I finally beat him by passing him for 10 seconds, otherwise he is impossible.

I have 3 things:

1) What is RWD?
2) What is AWD?
3) I beg to differ -- I beat him without passing him for 10 seconds. I had about 300 points leftover. It was an extremely close race. (With my Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren)

EK987 said:
I have 3 things:

1) What is RWD?
2) What is AWD?
3) I beg to differ -- I beat him without passing him for 10 seconds. I had about 300 points leftover. It was an extremely close race. (With my Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren)

RWD-Rear Wheel Drive
AWD-All Wheel Drive

I beat Darius by passing him for about 8 seconds and then he passed by me, but ended up getting 135,000 point out of it, and I think I had like 1,000 points left over after he was chasing me. It definitely is a very close race. It took me a long time to beat him.

Am I right in thinking that on the 360 you can swap between Aliases?

There are two of us in this house, and we both play NFS: Carbon. Am I just being stupid in thinking that I can only have 1 Alias per Wii console (without having to swap gamesaves between the memory and my SD card)???

I'm sure that when I was playing NFS on the 360 at christmas, we could just swap between anyone logged onto the console. I only bought NFS: Carbon cos I thought it was great on the 360. But, with 2 players in the house, and only 1 gamesave/alias.... serious problems, and very heavy arguments and domestics...! :frown2:

Florida said:
RWD-Rear Wheel Drive
AWD-All Wheel Drive

I beat Darius by passing him for about 8 seconds and then he passed by me, but ended up getting 135,000 point out of it, and I think I had like 1,000 points left over after he was chasing me. It definitely is a very close race. It took me a long time to beat him.

Oh, I see. How do you adjust the AWD and the RWD setting? Or does it simply depend on the car?

Quick question...how do the controls work? I can't see how they can fit shifting, nitrous, gas, brake, and hand brake onto the Wiimote.

EK987 said:
Haha, wow! You already beat Darius, huh? I got the game a few months back when it came out, hoping to get the Wii about a week later but I ended up getting it Monday, 1/21. I've been playing a lot and I'm at that last section with Tier 3 cars (the boss is Darius). Can some one please explain to me what's up with the little video clips of the cops shooting the cars in the race with some electromagnetic laser thing??? I don't understand... I'm pretty sure that clip pops up before you get a crew member.

the cops hit them with a EMP elctromagnetic pulse it fries the electronics in modern cars imobalizing the vehicles go watch 2 fast 2 furious prime example of this scene.

as far as the scene im not done with the game but from what i understand that race was a race that happened prelude to the game... and ur just coming back into town after escaping the police in that scene.

is it worth it? i have carbon on GC but not sure if i want it just for the Wii driving abilities.. im huge into racing games specially the burn out series and thats part of the reason i like the wii so much little more realistic racing... but carbon being one of the first how is it guys? i like it on GC just fine should i spend 50 bucks for the Wii version?

wezeles said:
is it worth it? i have carbon on GC but not sure if i want it just for the Wii driving abilities.. im huge into racing games specially the burn out series and thats part of the reason i like the wii so much little more realistic racing... but carbon being one of the first how is it guys? i like it on GC just fine should i spend 50 bucks for the Wii version?

negetive... i do however wish, that the gamecube games would adapt to wii control... would be great. i wouldn't go spend another 50 bucks on the same title, wait for a few months till price drops and try to trade for it at a game trading place.

Jorge said:
Quick question...how do the controls work? I can't see how they can fit shifting, nitrous, gas, brake, and hand brake onto the Wiimote.

Well, picture yourself holding the Wiimote sideways.
1= brakes
2= acceleration
Down= handbrake
Right= speedbreaker (slow motion)
Up= nitrous
Left= activate crew member

Now, when you use one of those directional buttons with the B button, it changes:
Down + B= shift down
Up + B= shift up
Left + B= change view
Right + B= look back

EK987 said:
Well, picture yourself holding the Wiimote sideways.
1= brakes
2= acceleration
Down= handbrake
Right= speedbreaker (slow motion)
Up= nitrous
Left= activate crew member

Now, when you use one of those directional buttons with the B button, it changes:
Down + B= shift down
Up + B= shift up
Left + B= change view
Right + B= look back

playing this way seems totally impossible to be efficient try going to options and controls and change to configuration 4

hook up the nunchuck and this is how it work..

put the wiimote in ur right hand and the nunchuck in ur left

the nunchuck analog stick is ur steering the wiimote is ur gas pedal. push it forward to gas pull back to brake... the b button is ur nitrous an a is speedbreak (useless) shift up and down are the arrow left and right...

now the cool part the nunchuck becomes ur ebrake while playing hold it down whenever u need to drift a turn pull back on the nunchuck fast as if u were pulling up an ebrake...

this way is much more efficient and realistic and easier to control the car...

playing on just the wiimote like in excite truck is lame and hard to steer.

I have a question...

Okay, I am checking out www.needforspeed.com and I'm looking at a section called "Wallpapers".
I saw 2 interesting cars, and one is called the Koenigsegg CCX. The other one is a 2007 Shelby GT500. I know they give you a Shelby GT500 in the game but that is the 1967 version. Has anyone unlocked these? Maybe they are just on the site but not in the game.

And they aren't anywhere in the Reward Cards section because I've looked at all of those and the rewards.

EK987 said:
I have a question...

Okay, I am checking out www.needforspeed.com and I'm looking at a section called "Wallpapers".
I saw 2 interesting cars, and one is called the Koenigsegg CCX. The other one is a 2007 Shelby GT500. I know they give you a Shelby GT500 in the game but that is the 1967 version. Has anyone unlocked these? Maybe they are just on the site but not in the game.

And they aren't anywhere in the Reward Cards section because I've looked at all of those and the rewards.
hi i notice these cars too look at this website you get the complete list of cars (i dont know why but its only on the xbox 360 or ps3 version :sick: they were talking about all consloes!!! ) on the website go down to official cars and i notice the pagani zonda f too cool huh?
it says Koenigsegg CCX is a **Exclusive to NFS: Carbon Collectors Edition see for yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_f....org/wiki/Need_for_speed_carbon#Official_cars

dja11101995 said:
hi i notice these cars too look at this website you get the complete list of cars (i dont know why but its only on the xbox 360 or ps3 version :sick: they were talking about all consloes!!! ) on the website go down to official cars and i notice the pagani zonda f too cool huh?
it says Koenigsegg CCX is a **Exclusive to NFS: Carbon Collectors Edition see for yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_f....org/wiki/Need_for_speed_carbon#Official_cars

Oh, okay thanks! That helps, but what is the NFS: Carbon Collectors Edition? Is it available on the Wii? What is so different about it? Is it just hard to obtain and that's why they made a special "Collector's Edition"?

Back