Need For Speed: Carbon

I wish I hadn't bothered buying this game. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, and it's good playing...

But, it's only good if you're the only person that wants to play this game in career mode... Let me explain:

You buy the game.
You get it home and stick it in your Wii (lol!)
Then the game asks you to set up an Alias.
You set up your Alias.
Then the person you're living with comes along and plays your NFS game
---
Do you know what happens next?
---
Your scores are all buggered up because the game is still being played on your Alias! Even if someone Quickraces, the score is recorded on your Alias.

The way round this so far is to copy the gamefile from system memory to an SD card, then delete it from the system memory.
The NFS game will then ask you (again) to set up an Alias.
So you do... which is then saved to system memory.

And, from then on, you have to keep swaping and deleting the gamefiles between the system memory and your SD card.

This is really something that multiple players on one machine can do without.!

The only thing any better than the Xbox on this game that I can see so far is the use of the WiiMote, but then that's a given fact because the WiiMote is the making of the Wii, as we all already know.!

It's a great game if you're the only player in the house, though!
Either all that, or get 2 Wiis and 2 NFS games... oh, and 2 tellies!

:yikes:

StepOnfrog said:
I wish I hadn't bothered buying this game. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, and it's good playing...

But, it's only good if you're the only person that wants to play this game in career mode... Let me explain:

You buy the game.
You get it home and stick it in your Wii (lol!)
Then the game asks you to set up an Alias.
You set up your Alias.
Then the person you're living with comes along and plays your NFS game
---
Do you know what happens next?
---
Your scores are all buggered up because the game is still being played on your Alias! Even if someone Quickraces, the score is recorded on your Alias.

The way round this so far is to copy the gamefile from system memory to an SD card, then delete it from the system memory.
The NFS game will then ask you (again) to set up an Alias.
So you do... which is then saved to system memory.

And, from then on, you have to keep swaping and deleting the gamefiles between the system memory and your SD card.

This is really something that multiple players on one machine can do without.!

The only thing any better than the Xbox on this game that I can see so far is the use of the WiiMote, but then that's a given fact because the WiiMote is the making of the Wii, as we all already know.!

It's a great game if you're the only player in the house, though!
Either all that, or get 2 Wiis and 2 NFS games... oh, and 2 tellies!

:yikes:

Actually, you can set up more than 1 alias!

Go to "Career Mode" and choose the option "Start New Career" or "New Career" (I don't remember which one) and it will ask you to set up a new alias so you have two of them!

I love NFS on Wii, but the game froze twice so far...I thought my wii was broken, but then the same thing happened to a friend. Anyone else have this problem?

Darthspazz said:
I love NFS on Wii, but the game froze twice so far...I thought my wii was broken, but then the same thing happened to a friend. Anyone else have this problem?

Yea, my NFS froze once.

Should I get GT Pro Series or NFS: C I am leaning toward NFS but GT has always had a wider variety

WiiZero said:
Should I get GT Pro Series or NFS: C I am leaning toward NFS but GT has always had a wider variety

I'm not just saying this because it's an NFS: Carbon thread, but get NFS: Carbon. Yes, you are right that NFS: Carbon has a smaller variety of cars but you can customize your car however you want it! Also, there is something to look forward to on every race because you unlock something every race!

skippy4pres said:
in NFS do you steer just like you steer in Excite Truck?

There are basically two ways to steer:

-Hold the Wiimote horizontally and tilt it left and right to steer
-Use the Nunchuk's analog stick to steer and have the Wiimote act as a gas pedal (tilt it down to accelerate, raise it up to brake)

But when you use the 2nd way of steering, you can chose one of these two following options:

-The brakes are a button (can't remember which one)
-Tilt the Wiimote up to use the brakes

EK987 said:
Actually, you can set up more than 1 alias!

Go to "Career Mode" and choose the option "Start New Career" or "New Career" (I don't remember which one) and it will ask you to set up a new alias so you have two of them!

OMG!!! Why am I such a dick? I've search for ages on how to set up another alias...

Thanks, I can stop playing my girlfriend's alias... she's gonna have a crap record from now on... LOL

StepOnfrog said:
OMG!!! Why am I such a dick? I've search for ages on how to set up another alias...

Thanks, I can stop playing my girlfriend's alias... she's gonna have a crap record from now on... LOL

LOL haha, no problem!

Back