Nintendo blocked GoldenEye XBLA, says Microsoft

nintendo would be stupid to let microsoft have this game. i dont care if it doesnt make it onto the VC, i would rather not have it then see it on 360.

also a port does require to take the original game from the original console, which in fact is a copyright issue, that is the whole reason that nintendo has a say in this.

for those of you who think that activision has a say in this, you are wrong. activision does not own the complete license to the game. (it is split with EA and kinda bounces around.

dont forget the fact that nintendo did publish the original game. though they dont have rights to the bond games, they have some rights to that specific game.

thas said:
nintendo would be stupid to let microsoft have this game. i dont care if it doesnt make it onto the VC, i would rather not have it then see it on 360.

also a port does require to take the original game from the original console, which in fact is a copyright issue, that is the whole reason that nintendo has a say in this.

for those of you who think that activision has a say in this, you are wrong. activision does not own the complete license to the game. (it is split with EA and kinda bounces around.

dont forget the fact that nintendo did publish the original game. though they dont have rights to the bond games, they have some rights to that specific game.
again, WHY wouldnt you want to see it on xbla? youd rather have it be left only to the n64 rather than have it redone and available to so many more people, including yourself if youd get out of your ninty cloud?

Sovieto said:
again, WHY wouldnt you want to see it on xbla? youd rather have it be left only to the n64 rather than have it redone and available to so many more people, including yourself if youd get out of your ninty cloud?

i believe that most people that have a 360 will treat it like another fps game. really only the nintendo fans realise the games potential. can you give one reason that makes sense to why nintendo would allow goldeneye on xboxlive. that only makes them hae more competition, they would being fueling a competitior and they would lose sales. it takes money to put games on the VC. for most games on the VC, there is not competitor. its just a matter of buisness and its better to be safe then sorry.

You act as if all the 360 fans sprouted from no where... Most people who own a 360 have owned a N64. Most console gamers who are old enough all started off as Nintendo fans.

Ive seen many many 360 fans that were looking foward to it because they "remember from back in the days".

Btw, Nintendo does not own the rights... Not even a fraction. Activision owns the rights, but Activision said that they wanted to keep their relationship with Nintendo solid so they asked permission but Nintendo denied even though Microsoft was willing to compromise.

Sovieto said:
i stand by this, and apply to all posts above it.

Wiinter said:
Including all the posts above it that say pretty much the same thing?

Sovieto said:

So if everyone like me who said Nintendo should screw themselves for holding back goldeneye is a dumb fanboy, and you said that the same thing, that would make you a dumb fanboy too. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but as long as we're all in it together.

As I said before, this method has been common with Nintendo going as far back as the days of Sega Genesis.

Microsoft better be careful they don't get sued. Nintendo may pry that game right out of their hands with a legal battle. It's probably going to get worse before it gets better. All Nintendo sees is a ransom they refuse to pay, even though it's mutual gain to everyone with common sense, it's a ransom in their minds.

Wiinter said:
So if everyone like me who said Nintendo should screw themselves for holding back goldeneye is a dumb fanboy, and you said that the same thing, that would make you a dumb fanboy too. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but as long as we're all in it together.
no im saying the opposite of that.

thas said:
i believe that most people that have a 360 will treat it like another fps game. really only the nintendo fans realise the games potential. can you give one reason that makes sense to why nintendo would allow goldeneye on xboxlive. that only makes them hae more competition, they would being fueling a competitior and they would lose sales. it takes money to put games on the VC. for most games on the VC, there is not competitor. its just a matter of buisness and its better to be safe then sorry.
really? whether you see this as flaming or not a lot of the wii owners are little kids, probably as young as 8, but you dont see them this young on forums, to the average age which is probably around 12. they are the ones who wotn know what goldeneye, so your argument is not valid. 360 is the one "college frat" boys are buying, who are the ones that played goldeneye back in the day. just because they owned a n64 then doesnt mean theyve stuck with nintendo (actually a lot ditched ninty after 64) the whole time. smart people buy a console by content, not brand. (smarter people buy more than 1 console)

Last edited:
Back