Nintendo blocked GoldenEye XBLA, says Microsoft

Wiinter said:
Bingo. I have no friggin clue what the first posters in this thread are thinking. Apparently none of them want to actually download and play Goldeneye on their Wii.

It's probably just as well. The XBLA version was going to have online functionality. The VC/WiiWare version would likely be inferior or FC infested.

What money are they making?

Better none than Microsoft. Sometimes you must stand strong and make tough decisions. I hope Nintendo doesn't cave one inch.

White Knight said:
Better none than Microsoft. Sometimes you must stand strong and make tough decisions. I hope Nintendo doesn't cave one inch.

Wow.

I don't even own a 360, and I think Activision should just screw Nintendo and give it to Microsoft. Leave the door open so if Nintendo decides to give a crap about it's gamers, they can join in, but letting them hold goldeneye hostage is ridiculous. Enjoy your fanboyitis.

White Knight said:
wow you ignorant dumb ass fanboy. if any of you truly cared about goldeneye you would want to see it in any shape or form, not limited by your personal interests. because nintendo wont get it on their system because of microsoft, but on microsofts side its activision's CHOICE. just like its your CHOICE to go buy a 360 or not, cause its not a choice for it to come to the wii.

Budo said:
Leaked footage of original vs. 360?

Video

I watched the video. There is a little difference in the graphics but it's not noteworthy. If it has online play then I guess it's better than the n64 version, but if it doesn't have online and it's the exact same game then there must a different reason why nintendo is being so stubborn.

When you think about it, Sony would never agree for final fantasy VII be on the VC or XBLA although the game was developed by Square Enix. I guess it is one of those things you just have to accept.

Lol I guess you're blind. I see a BIG difference in graphics. Granted the video makes it lose quality but I can still see the huge difference.

Supermariomp3 said:
I watched the video. There is a little difference in the graphics but it's not noteworthy. If it has online play then I guess it's better than the n64 version, but if it doesn't have online and it's the exact same game then there must a different reason why nintendo is being so stubborn.

When you think about it, Sony would never agree for final fantasy VII be on the VC or XBLA although the game was developed by Square Enix. I guess it is one of those things you just have to accept.

You are right. I wonder if this was Sony who was doing this instead of Nintendo, would people be as harsh towards it?

Wiinter said:
Wow.

I don't even own a 360, and I think Activision should just screw Nintendo and give it to Microsoft. Leave the door open so if Nintendo decides to give a crap about it's gamers, they can join in, but letting them hold goldeneye hostage is ridiculous. Enjoy your fanboyitis.

I've been playing games before you were born, I know the right thing to do. Activision can't "screw Nintendo." While Nintendo can't put it on VC without Microsoft's approval (since they bought Rare), Microsoft can't emulate the game on the 360 without Nintendo's approval, since it uses N64 copyrighted hardware. Sometimes the toughest choice is the one that makes you suffer. Never ever let your games go on a competing system.

Sovieto said:
wow you ignorant dumb ass fanboy. if any of you truly cared about goldeneye you would want to see it in any shape or form, not limited by your personal interests. because nintendo wont get it on their system because of microsoft, but on microsofts side its activision's CHOICE. just like its your CHOICE to go buy a 360 or not, cause its not a choice for it to come to the wii.

I was playing Goldeneye in 1997 from the start. Greatest multi-player game ever, and it would be tarnished to put on any other sytem. Yes I am pro Nintendo and anti-Sony (big time), and Microsoft neutral. If that makes me a "fanboy", so be it.

Last edited:
I feel that way...but i have respect for all the systems....GOLDENEYE was a groundbreaking game no doubt...THE BEST OUT OF ALL SHOOTERS IN ITS TIME...

And i also think, it should be on Nintendo only...not microsoft...

It was built for nintendo...made for nintendo...and shouldnt be on any other system...hell, i had nearly died the day i seen Conkers Bad Fur Day "Reloaded" on the 360...it made my heart weep....Perfect Dark Zero...bad in all aspects in my opinion...the 64 version was better IMO...

(Oh, and Sovieto is not BANNED...he just put that there)

White Knight said:
I've been playing games before you were born, I know the right thing to do.

Playing games gives you meaningful competence on business decisions in the gaming industry? Keep talking there buddy, you're really helping your case. :thumbsup:

And when was I born?

Activision can't "screw Nintendo." While Nintendo can't put it on VC without Microsoft's approval (since they bought Rare), Microsoft can't emulate the game on the 360 without Nintendo's approval, since it uses N64 copyrighted hardware. Sometimes the toughest choice is the one that makes you suffer. Never ever let your games go on a competing system.

Despite your extraordinary experience, you didn't know that xbla version of goldeneye was a port, not an emulation.

Also, Goldeneye is not Nintendo's game. It's Rare's and Activision's.

CyanRussel said:
It was built for nintendo...made for nintendo...and shouldnt be on any other system...

It was built for the N64, made for the N64. But you're asking that it be on the Wii. The port of Goldeneye in question was built for XBLA, made for XBLA.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
i stand by this, and apply to all posts above it.

Sovieto said:
i stand by this, and apply to all posts above it.

Including all the posts above it that say pretty much the same thing?

Back