Nintendo blocked GoldenEye XBLA, says Microsoft

but isnt there a Goldeneye 007 game coming out for the wii in like late 08' anyways? if so...whats the big deal? just wait for a game with online capabilities and all that...

...however that title on N64 was a classic...that and Perfect Dark. oh well.

What a bunch of douches! Just another example to confirm my belief that Nintendo are a bunch of greedy assholes that don't have even a passing care about their consumers and fans. They can only go on like this for so much longer until they end up eating their own heart and lose all of their fans.

Nintendo was being really greedy. Some of you are saying your happy. What is their to be happy about? Microsoft was not trying to make it exclusive, they were willing to let Nintendo release it also on VC and share profits. But Nintendo refused and now no one is going to have it. Not even Nintendo...

Why does it even matter? Surely if you enjoyed it so much you can just hook up your old N64 again and play it on that?

Well the Wii isn't going to get it on the VC unless they come to an agreement with Microsoft. I think Nintendo is being greedy. I'd like to see these main developers get along on some level. But atleast its not like the Sega Nintendo and Atari days haha.

Dayoh said:
Dont blame nintendo there just a company trying to make money, why would they allow microsoft a share of the pie, increasing microsofts profits.

There just staying ahead of the competition, i cant blame em,

exactly. You wont be seeing Halo on Wii, why would goldeneye go to microsoft...

Difference is Microsoft owns the rights of Halo. While Goldeneye is owned by Activision. The reason why Activision wont just give it to one person is because the dont want to ruin the relationship they have with both companies, so it was either they both compromise and share or no one gets it.

Besides that example was stupid, if it was about asking for Mario, then that anology would make more sense.

Also someone said if it matters that much just fire up the N64. Not everyone still has their N64. I have mine, but its in the attic and im planning on giving it to my lil cousins. Also, the XBLA version was going to have online and achievements. So it would have been fun and even then, the N64 version had bad controls, I would rather play it on Xbox controller or Gcube controller.

crazyman2 said:
Wow really? honestly i don't understand Nintendo's logic behind this decision other then it being greed related. People that already own a wii are going to download Goldeneye to the wii, giving you more money. People that already own an xbox are already lost as a costumer so it doesnt matter if microsoft gets the money from them, they already are, it wont affect nintendo at all. This is a simple case of win win, and nintendo is choosing to lose...
not true, many people (unlike me, im too poor) have 360's and wii's, as that seems to offer the true gaming experience...

Yeah, true. But who cares? Its only a classic game. Its not an actual Wii game. So even if no one at all bought the VC version, they would lose little to no money. But there's more than enough Wii only owners who would buy it. Simply put, its way to small to make a difference and very unlikely for that scenario to even happen.

This is the same reason Square left Nintendo back in the day. Nintendo can be very stubborn. They have used this attitude to drown out their competition in the past. Neo Geo, Jaguar, 3DO, TG-16 were all powerful consoles that had very few good games on them.

Why? 360 sales are at a close second with the Wii. About 18 360, 20 Wii million units. Castlevania SOTN is one of XBL's best selling games, Golden Eye would probably pull in even more money. For now... No one gets Golden Eye. 2008 will probably be Goldenless.

Why is everyone saying Nintendo are composed of greedy assholes? Look at their console price compared to others. If they wanted to they could raise it to $350 and it would still be a cheaper choice with a huge profit margin.

It may be slightly obnoxious to you all, but they're just trying to keep the classic in it's rightful hands, exclusively.

261311 said:
Why is everyone saying Nintendo are composed of greedy assholes? Look at their console price compared to others. If they wanted to they could raise it to $350 and it would still be a cheaper choice with a huge profit margin.

It may be slightly obnoxious to you all, but they're just trying to keep the classic in it's rightful hands, exclusively.

They could also afford to slash the price and still not be subsidizing hardware like MS and Sony are. On a price per cost ratio, Nintendo is being more "greedy" than its counterparts.

I want them to make money off of Goldeneye--there's nothing wrong with a company being profit-oriented, but they clearly aren't interested in doing so. Because as of right now, no one gets to buy it from them.

Companies interested in making profits should not spit in their customer's faces. And Nintendo's customers would like to be able to download Goldeneye.

Yea, its actually quite true. In a way Sony and Microsoft were being very generous as they sell their consoles at a loss. But besides, thats not really being generous because their console is cheaper to make, thats just a marketing strategy to release a console thats "older" in technology (graphic-wise) and sell at cheaper price than the more advanced consoles (graphic-wise)

Back