7. Super Metroid-SNES
6. Half-Life 2-PC
5. Mario 64-N64
4. LOZ Ocarina of Time-N64
3. Civilization 2-PC
2. TETRIS-err everything
1. Super Mario BROS-NES

Nice going Nintendo!

Final Fantasy 7 isn't on the list?! I'm sorry, but that list is crap without FF7 on it. To list Final Fantasy 3 is another huge mistake, unless they mean Final Fantasy 6? Which means they show no respect for the recent translation errors that were fixed by Square, and the Nintendo DS. And where the hell is Metal Gear? You can easily removed Civilization 2 and replace it with Metal Gear, Longest Journey, or Diablo II. Too many games have been released to put lists like this out. They should at least cover it by console, or all time sales. If they cover it by all time sales FF7 would be on that list.

It might've been a good idea to post a link to said list:
IGN's Top 100
Final Fantasy VII got numer 76 :shocked:, that's a little bit suprising. Don't get me wrong it deserves to be where it is(if not lower) but I would've thourght it would've scored higher.

sagema said:
Final Fantasy 7 isn't on the list?! I'm sorry, but that list is crap without FF7 on it. To list Final Fantasy 3 is another huge mistake, unless they mean Final Fantasy 6?

Co-Signed. Final Fantasy 7 is definately top 5 games of all time. Personally, its number 1 to me. When they say Final Fantasy 3 (US), they mean Final Fantasy 6 (Jap)

hmmm, i'm sure that any top ten is not going to be agreed by everyone. like ign's reviews, many people aren't going to agree. gaming is a personal choice.
i agree with ff7.... but there are so many games better than the ones on the list....

sagema said:
Final Fantasy 7 isn't on the list?! I'm sorry, but that list is crap without FF7 on it. To list Final Fantasy 3 is another huge mistake, unless they mean Final Fantasy 6? Which means they show no respect for the recent translation errors that were fixed by Square, and the Nintendo DS. And where the hell is Metal Gear? You can easily removed Civilization 2 and replace it with Metal Gear, Longest Journey, or Diablo II. Too many games have been released to put lists like this out. They should at least cover it by console, or all time sales. If they cover it by all time sales FF7 would be on that list.

Perhaps when they mentioned FF3, they were referring to the initial release for the SNES, and not the re-releases years after. The re-releases, while much needed, did not have nearly as many people excited about it as FF3 first appeared. Yes, the later released ones were much needed, but the only ones who truly appreciated those were die-hard FF fans ((Not FF8+ fans)). Those die hard fans were not enough to tip the scale for other "popular"games.

Personally, I would of liked to see FF4 ranked on there. Being a personal favorite of mine, I always liked it's story line far more then the others. FF3 was great too((loved Kefka and Shadow characters!)), but I didn't care for any of the engineering aspects ((mainly the guns)) in a midevial fantasy setting. Crossbows are about the max I can tolerate.

kefka.gif

No Secret of Mana?
Or Final Fantasy 9!?

LOZ A Link to the Past should be higher than OOT ]:

Avast ye IGN!
Avast yeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I think the game had to of been released before Dec 2006? Something like that anyway....

sagema said:
You need to see the entire list, every game you mentioned(except diablo 2) is on the top 100 list.

No Super Mario Bros. 3 or Galaxy in the top 10 = fail

I don't see why IGN feels the need to do this over and over, it's as if their current opinion of which games are the best is a lie.

Also princess peach is hot.

Back