nintendo hiding real wii graphics?

nic7

Wiichat Member
Aug 22, 2006
Iowa, America
Wii Online Code
8853-1952-9704-6115
Go Nintendo points to French gaming blog ActuJV which claims to have information from an "inside source" concerning Nintendo and its attempt to hide the real graphical power of the Wii. Perhaps to capture even more attention as we approach a final launch date, rumor has it Nintendo will take the gaming world by storm by revealing the real goods behind their system. According to ActuJV's source, this is what has been goin' down:

Nintendo has been playing us the fool all along. They have been showing us trailers for games that have deliberately downgraded graphics compared to what the Wii can actually do. This is to create an element of surprise for the press during Nintendo's next media event.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/27/rumor-will-nintendo-punk-us-with-the-wii/

maybe made up, but wow it would be cool if it was true

Last edited:
sorry, i thought i put one down.

Last edited:
i have thought this for awhile now that nintendo might be hiding something

I cant see this being true, i'd like it to be.. but nah..

These last few months before launch are used to gather as much exposure and momemtum for the console as possible, i dont think they'd risk that by only releasing sup-bar trailers and demos.

but if one company were to do this, itd be nintendo

Plus I don't think it's a very good marketing plan. I mean say I'm saving up for a PS3 and I have enough money for the PS3, an extra controller, and two games. Then I find out the Wii is going to have awsome graphics power, I'm still going to get the PS3 because it's not much of a difference, but if I knew it's power in the beggining, I'd probably go for it more likely.

Wiired said:
nah i think this is fake.. could u truely be arsed to make fake trailers for EVERY SINGLE GAME YOUR RELEASING? nuff said :)
this is what PS3 is doing. only theyre making all theyre games look better than they are

Look what I found:D
Nintendo already told us that the hardware being used at E3 was not finalized. Moreover, during the show GameDaily BIZ met with ATI, which is providing the "Hollywood" GPU for the Wii, and John Swinimer, Senior Public Relations Manager of Consumer Products, emphasized that the Wii architecture is capable of producing far better results than what we've witnessed thus far. "I think what you saw [on Wii] was just the tip of the iceberg of what the Hollywood chip can bring to the Nintendo Wii," he said.
Source: >>Click<<

i don't think its true but it would be a good suprise. If the wii was supposedly to have a lot of power, they would have showed its capabilities in the begining and since all the next-gen consoles would be pretty much equal in the graphics it could dish out and more people will see that it doens't matter about power since all three are the same, then people will be focusing on games and gameplay.

The graphics r "good enough", I mean to have everything the Wii's going to have w/ those graphics?....that enough to sell me, it already has.

And did anyone read the quote I just posted? "NINTENDO ALREADY TOLD US that the hardware being used at E3 was not finalized."

I would believe this if it wasn't for one thing: The size of the Wii. It's just tooo small to have graphical power equal to the 360/PS3's.

Back