Wii Rumors V2.0

they are all copy pasted from Here

there are more there as well check em out, they also have a little 'true' or 'false' symbol for ones that have been found to be so.

Its just a romour, Sorry But Nindendo aint gonna Pull out Hd graphic for just 179 quid.

Current games just cripple the graphics. I noticed on 2games the the graphic is workin reali reali hard, like red steel there is a ded sticky patch in that, thats jst bout 2mins, 1 on splintercell last level.
The processor aint even fast enough to push hd games.

Wireless Nunchuks. My god wot it the point in that, just means more battery We have to keep buyin. Not as if im intrested jsut over batterys but i have never came across the problem witht the cable tbh.
Just means theres some clowns out there that swing the arms all over the place.
I think personally the wii is Ok in every way that i can think of, Cheap & simple.

Strap on devices to put it on ya leg, Well Fcuk if im tryin that Talk about lookin like a right Penis. its just gonna cause more accidents isint it.

Nintendo isint playin us like fools.

ITs all Rumors.

Muhammad_A_Wii said:
Wii Rumors

According to reports, a Nintendo executive accidentally let slip that the Wii graphics processor (GPU) is actually capable of doing full HD. Although Nintendo aren't interested in pursuing HD at the moment, if this is true perhaps the Wii will see hi-def games in a few years when HD has a stronger user base.

An Irish website (I'm dubious already ^_^) is claiming that Mortal Kombat: Armageddon will be the first 3rd party game to make full use of the Wii's online capabilities. Here's hoping.

An unconfirmed rumor exists that Nintendo are now working on a wireless nunchuk. This stems from some complaints that the wire restricts movement in games like Boxing (a part of Wii Sports).

Rumors from an official source in Japan suggest that a sequel to Wii Sports could be on the way. Said to include varied sports like tennis, hockey, volleyball, swimming and horse riding it's supposedly full of new and revised gameplay features. Most interestingly, the rumor also claims it will have online play so you can face off against other sports fans.

A rumor has started that Nintendo are looking into ways of making wiimotes suitable for leg use. This would likely work by some kind of strapping mechanism. Image the possibilities. Football! Dancing! Err... long jump?

A rumor is out that the Wii is graphically a lot more powerful than we've been led to believe. It's been said that Nintendo have been playing us for fools the whole time, showing us demos with substantially crippled graphics compared to the Wii's true capabilities. Why would they do this? To create a sense of wonder and surprise at the next press event which takes place on September 14th in New York. Watch this space!

Word is out that the wiimote can't aim properly at certain angles when halogen lighting is used in the room. As halogen lights get more common in our homes it could put a dent in the Wii's popularity. If this rumor is true hopefully Nintendo can solve it before launch. The alternative of course is to play without the lights on. Night tennis anyone?

Your post is trash since you have no sources or proof. Thanks for spamming Wiichat!

the last two are from before launch, and the graphics thing was said twice, but im pretty sure Nintendo put to rest the graphics rumor by stating that the demos shown were the real graphics...im not sure i thought i heard it somewhere. I personally think that a wireless nunchuck would be pretty sweet, idk why i just think the wire gets in the way at times.

It says a sequal to WiiSports will inlude tennis. Isn't tennis already included...:rolleyes:.

None of this information is actually beleivable...yet.

The news about the HD capabilities strikes me as both interesting and stretching the truth at the same time. We can all assume that the Wii is more powerful then has been let on considering most of the game's graphics look to be equal to about that of the gamecube and we know the Wii is more powerful then the gamecube. The only thing is it has been said the Wii has HD capabilities but the problem is will it still be able to retain a playable frame rate? And we can all assume that over time Wii games will get better on the graphics side considering that happens with every console as devs learn more and more tricks on how to milk as much power from the software as possible. Just look at Xbox360 at launch compared to games like GOW that came out a year after.

Also the Halogen bulb rumor is believable but halogen bulbs also put out alot more heat then a regular bulb. We should just take into account the fact that the directions on the wii do tell us not to play with bright lights or more specifically heat sources. The trick would be just to turn off the lights that are in the same direction as your sensor bar.......or just get a more powerful sensor bar.....*cough*candles*cough*

I still believe that this system is crammed full of the right hardware/software, ever expandable via updates to both, the HD bit isn't at all surprising. If they keep all the cool stuff a secret until the next consoles start advertising this or that, they can offer an update and say "Wii already did that."

Muhammad_A_Wii said:
Wii Rumors

An Irish website (I'm dubious already ^_^) is claiming that Mortal Kombat: Armageddon will be the first 3rd party game to make full use of the Wii's online capabilities. Here's hoping.

The MK developers have already stated that there will be NO online for this game. They said that the online development libraries from Nintendo were not ready yet at the time of development.

UKResist said:
Its just a romour, Sorry But Nindendo aint gonna Pull out Hd graphic for just 179 quid.

Current games just cripple the graphics. I noticed on 2games the the graphic is workin reali reali hard, like red steel there is a ded sticky patch in that, thats jst bout 2mins, 1 on splintercell last level.
The processor aint even fast enough to push hd games.

That doesn't mean anything, all it means is that some first gen games, or even ports, are not written well enough to exploit the hardware to it's full potential. It took developers a few years to learn the GC enough to get something like RE4 out, which was beautiful. The Wii shouldn't take as long, since the capabilities are similar, but they are different enough it will several months at least before we see games out that can fully utilize the graphics power.

Can it output at HD resolutions with a firmware update? I have no clue, but saying it can't because some games are choppy is not proof it can't.

If the actual video hardware itself can only output a 480p signal, then no amount of graphical processing power can change that.

No offence but all of that sounds like bullshit. The only thing that is even partialy belivable is the wireless nunchuk which will probably be made eventually if not by Nintendo by a third party, and the leg straps could happen. And I wouldn't believe anything that is on that site. It even has a rumor on there saying Apple bought Nintendo. Now what are the chances of that happening. Though if Apple did make a console it would probably be the best but I don't see it happening.

csiguy4u said:
Your post is trash since you have no sources or proof. Thanks for spamming Wiichat!

[Sarcasm]But you definetly didnt just spam. You made a very intelligent and mature post with a plethorous amount of information for all the viewers to learn from, right?[/Sarcasm] WRONG. There is no difference between his spam post and yours.

EDIT: Oh, and to the thread maker: I think this is a great post, seeing as someone already posted to source to all of those rumors and if ^^ was paying attention he would know that. I like the rumors, some of them sound good, and some of them are fun to ridicule. Good post man.

Back