Nintendo Needs Another Storage Solution for the Wii

SatAM Guy

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2009
The Storage Solution is fine for now, but with Wii games, WiiWare games, Channels and VC game saves all saved on the Wii Memory, we need a better Solution.

I only have 1401 blocks open and with Wii games, WiiWare games, Channels and VC game saves, they will go down fast.

But once they are on the wii you cannot copy them to sd right? You only have the option when you buy it right?

Ok, lets say you save the WiiWare and VC channels on an SD card, that parts cool.

But you still have to have the game saves on the Wii Memory, otherwise you will loose them.

Examples would be Neutopia, Super Mario 64 and World of Goo

no you don't. a buddy of mine brought over his SD with Super Mario 64 and let me play it on my wii. and i don't have a save file for that game on my wii.

no you don't. a buddy of mine brought over his SD with Super Mario 64 and let me play it on my wii. and i don't have a save file for that game on my wii.

It's cool that you can do that, I didn’t know that befour.

But you missed understood what I was saying.

If your on level 4 on Neutopia, in you save the VC channel and the game save data on your SD card, it will start you at the beginning.

Game save files don't take up much space. Theoretically you could fill up the memory eventually with just game saves, but I wouldn't worry much about that.

VC and WiiWare games cannot run on a Wii other than the one they were purchased on.

There's a data management option in the settings. The manual has more details.

You can re-download games from the Shopping Channel without having to pay again.

Back