Nintendo Rip Offs = WiiWare

-Boz- [UK]

WiiChat Member
May 22, 2009
I don't know if you've ever been through the WiiWare shopping list, but it is the biggest heap of doo doo ever

'Defend Your Castle' = 500 Points

That's an SWF game from the Internet, you can play it through the Wii's browser for nothing (and the online version is 100 times better) so why on Earth are you going to pay £3.50 (500 Wii Points) for it??

Times like this that make me mad about Nintendo

Cause its a fun game on the wii...

If you don't like it, stop bitching about it and don't buy it. Other people (like me) think it was a good idea.

DYC was a good buy I thought personally.

To call the whole wiiware catalogue as "doo doo" on the basis of one game that costs £3.50 is a bit childish?

Bubble Bobble Plus! 800 wii points (£5.60) excellent
Onslaught 1000 wii points (£7) pretty good

Defend your castle can be played 4 player online can it?

-Boz- [UK];1024119 said:
I don't know if you've ever been through the WiiWare shopping list, but it is the biggest heap of doo doo ever

'Defend Your Castle' = 500 Points

That's an SWF game from the Internet, you can play it through the Wii's browser for nothing (and the online version is 100 times better) so why on Earth are you going to pay £3.50 (500 Wii Points) for it??

Times like this that make me mad about Nintendo

Wiiware is not a great value. They make an effort to subdivide the games so that you have to keep paying for new levels and characters.

Im sure there are some good games on it though.

So you'd rather pay full retail price for new Wii games?

Yes, I would rather pay full price for a decent game, than a poorly made game with expansion packs I can buy.

As a whole, they tend not to be a good value. Especially since as stated above, all of these games exist in some form or another for free on your computer.

Besides, I am expecting so many of my favorite SNES and NES games still.

If I play Super MArio Kart for 1000 hours at 8 dollars, or buy a game where I move a marble around in a maze (a game which has sat in my dentists office in wooden form for 20 years) to the tune of one sound track that makes me want to jump out of a window for 8 dollars, and play it 3 times only, than thats not a good value.

Why don't you try some before deciding that it's bad? :rolleyes:

I have four. Its cute how you jump down my throat and assume I dont have any, and put words in my mouth like "its bad". The ones I have all suck. I said Im sure there are some good ones. I just dont think it would be worth my money to buy new levels and music for Amazing Maze or whatever its called.

All of you who attack people for saying ANYTHING remotely negative about NINTENDO need to get over yourselves. Don't tell me what to say, think or do. You sound like mind numbed idiots when you do that. No product is perfect and this is a place for consumers to discuss their product.

You need to do the following:

1) not assume anything about me
2) roll your hand up into a fist
3) punch yourself in the dick for rolling your goddamned eyes at me.

Yep. It's common sense that Virtual Console > Wii Ware because a greater amount of effort went into those classic games.

most wiiware is ****. FACT.
the ones that aren't **** are great. FACT

try Lost Winds. thats a great wiiware game.

i do agree about the DYC thing though. why waste money on it when my wii browser can play for free? i see no reason. a friend of mine has it so i've played both internet and wiiware versions. both suck in my opinion.

i do agree about the DYC thing though. why waste money on it when my wii browser can play for free? i see no reason. a friend of mine has it so i've played both internet and wiiware versions. both suck in my opinion.

Scenario:

Guy: Man, I wish I could play Defend your castle right now, but I don't feel like turning on my computer. I know, I'll play it on my wii sitting on my comfy couch, instead of a computer chair, on a larger screen then a computer monitor.

End Scenario.

That whys. Lol. I do like both versions of the game though. I like the wii version better though cause you have to point at the people to catch them instead of just clicking on them.

either way i don't like the game.

plus a lot of newer TVs have a feature where you can plug your cpu hard drive into your tv. effectively making your tv your cpu moniter. that solves the size problem. now add a wireless keyboard, mouse and a tv tray and now you can be on the cpu in your comfy tv chair.

completely ruins your scenario. just comes to the choice of point or click

either way i don't like the game.

plus a lot of newer TVs have a feature where you can plug your cpu hard drive into your tv. effectively making your tv your cpu moniter. that solves the size problem. now add a wireless keyboard, mouse and a tv tray and now you can be on the cpu in your comfy tv chair.

completely ruins your scenario. just comes to the choice of point or click

lol. I forgot you could do that. One of my friends used to have his computer in his room set up like that

Yes, I would rather pay full price for a decent game, than a poorly made game with expansion packs I can buy.
There you go again talking about expansion packs. I have a large number of wiiware titles and only one of them has a DLC option. Even if I spent the money that would bring the total cost of the game to £8.40 and that isn't a huge amount. The majority of wiiware does not have DLC options.

I have four. Its cute how you jump down my throat and assume I dont have any, and put words in my mouth like "its bad". The ones I have all suck. I said Im sure there are some good ones. I just dont think it would be worth my money to buy new levels and music for Amazing Maze or whatever its called.

All of you who attack people for saying ANYTHING remotely negative about NINTENDO need to get over yourselves. Don't tell me what to say, think or do. You sound like mind numbed idiots when you do that. No product is perfect and this is a place for consumers to discuss their product.
If you are struggling to distinguish the difference between quality software and distribution method let me try to explain it for you. Games are either good or bad depending on the user's subjective opinion of them. Some games are universally unloved, some are universally acclaimed. If you'd spent money on 3 or 4 VC titles and not enjoyed them would all VC be rubbish? The old saying "Don't shoot the messenger" springs to mind.

I'm not going to defend the indefensible; that would be foolhardy. What I am going to do is suggest to people that why their opinions are unfounded if they are making rash statements like
Wiiware is not a great value. They make an effort to subdivide the games so that you have to keep paying for new levels and characters.
How can charging £7 for a game that would, in a retail box, cost £15 or £20 be poor value?

Have you heard of metacritic? It's a brilliant resource that should help you to avoid buying low quality games in the future.

You need to do the following:

1) not assume anything about me
2) roll your hand up into a fist
3) punch yourself in the dick for rolling your goddamned eyes at me.

Good advice if ever I heard it.

There you go again talking about expansion packs. I have a large number of wiiware titles and only one of them has a DLC option. Even if I spent the money that would bring the total cost of the game to £8.40 and that isn't a huge amount. The majority of wiiware does not have DLC options.

3 of my 4 do

If you are struggling to distinguish the difference between quality software and distribution method let me try to explain it for you. Games are either good or bad depending on the user's subjective opinion of them. Some games are universally unloved, some are universally acclaimed. If you'd spent money on 3 or 4 VC titles and not enjoyed them would all VC be rubbish? The old saying "Don't shoot the messenger" springs to mind.

I said they aren't as good a value. Get over it. You dont get as much bang for your buck vs the $50 titles, and yes, most of them have expansion packs. Thats all I said.

Whats funny is when I give a mild, non-radical opinion, you blast me away because "Games are either good or bad depending on the user's subjective opinion of them". Well, in my opinion, I dont feel like paying 8-10$ for expandable mini games that took a month to develope.

I dont need a crystal ball to know that when a generic company puts out a game like Penguins and Friends, -Hey, Thats My Fish!, which took about 3 weeks to make, it's purpose is to fill a weekly slot that would be taken up by say, Contra or Double Dragon II for the NES, making a quick buck. Its called FILLER. They get money down the road by not releasing every NES title at once, they have to string them out over time.

Excuse me? Im not struggling to distinguish anything. I have been beating Intellevision games since you were a brown stain on your mother's Hotel 6 mattress. Keep sounding like a condescending little ass wipe.

Pardon me for not being easily amused by your wiiware games. I have taste and skills. Im sure you cant wait until wiiware Yahtzee comes out, but excuse me for being jaded after playing 100's of games on all systems.

I'm not going to defend the indefensible; that would be foolhardy. What I am going to do is suggest to people that why their opinions are unfounded if they are making rash statements like
How can charging £7 for a game that would, in a retail box, cost £15 or £20 be poor value?

Have you heard of metacritic? It's a brilliant resource that should help you to avoid buying low quality games in the future.

Good advice if ever I heard it.

Seriously, what do you think you just explained to me? All you did was in fact defend the indefensible, all while sounding like a condescening little snot nosed punk. I dont think you made a single point, other than im not allowed to say Im not fond of wiiware.

You like shitty games, I get it. Have a nice life. :cornut:

Oh, see if metacritic can explain to you, that playing a game like Space Invaders Get Even, with ONE STAGE and 15$ worth of expansions, is not as good a value as Tecmo Bowl, which I purchased for $30 in '87, and still play with my roomates in the year 2009.

I think it evens out to Space Invaders Get Even= $5/hour vs Tecmo Bowl = 1$/38hours, if I played 1 hour a week for 22 years, and that would be per every 38 hours of solid gameplay. Now, I liked Space invaders the entire 2 hours I've spent playing it, but IM TALKING ABOUT VALUE.

Last edited:
Back