Nintendo Says No To MMOs?

thats why i hope 3rd party developers fix this. EA noticed it. lets hope other companys can like hopefully square enix and final fantasy crystal bearers.
and that pretty much elminates all chances of a new zelda since no mmo's

Budo said:
MMO's and consoles don't mix very well. I don't know the exact reason or reasons, but that's the way it is...

That's what they said about consoles and the FPS. Until someone made one that actually worked well (Goldeneye, Halo, etc.). It's not the genre it's the game, it's just going to take a good developer with a good vision to make that golden MMO that makes people stop and say "hey, I guess they DO work on consoles too!"

mmo's dont work on consoles as you cant type or type fast and mmo's need people to comunicate fast in wars etc.

it also dosent work as theres a hell of a lot of functions, hotkeys trying to use must be hard.

and why not a new zelda game?

an mmo will be done on 360 or ps3 far before it can get on the wii. its not all about choice, theres many technical issues and the wii has the most. no one shouldve been expecting an mmo in the first place from the wii.

jimbo said:
mmo's dont work on consoles as you cant type or type fast and mmo's need people to comunicate fast in wars etc.

it also dosent work as theres a hell of a lot of functions, hotkeys trying to use must be hard.

and why not a new zelda game?

see that's exactly what I'm talking about. we don't think it'll work now, because we have a hard-wired definition of what an MMO should/has to be.

All it'll take is a developer with a different approach to show us differently.
The key components of MMO are multiplayer, and online...everything else is just pre-imposed upon the genre...it doesn't HAVE to have any of those other things, it's just that many of them DO so we often think they HAVE to.

Just like when people try to define RPG, they say "oh well to be an RPG it must have magic, spells, experience points be set in old times with leather and gold and blah blah blah blah". But all an RPG means is role-playing game, there is no time period or subject matter that it MUST contain in order to be categorized as such. If we are getting literal here, ALL games are really RPGs because they put you into the role of someone else.

We just need to cast aside these pre-determined paradigms and be open to the fact that what we "know" can be presented to us in many ways.

So long as the only MMO's that Nintendo churns out are Pokemon, then I'm not sad at all if one never gets released. I don't want to play with a bunch of 5 year olds ((or people with said mentality))

It has to appeal to everyone, 5-95? I guess Manhunt 2 and EA Playgorund did a great job of appealing to everyone, right?

T3kNi9e said:
What does Manhunt 2 and EA Playground have to do with anything? o_O

I think he was comparing Demographics.

P.S.~¡Oye T3kNi9e! ¡Oí que usted jodía un adiós y no lo rompió!

T3kNi9e said:
What does Manhunt 2 and EA Playground have to do with anything? o_O
Well Nintendo said they would only make games that'd appeal to ages 5 - 95.
Manhunt 2 appealed to only mature hardcore audience , which is a very scarce audience.
EA Playground and other party type games appealed to those 8 and under.

I'm trying to say that more than half of all the Wii games appeal to only a certain audience, not everyone.

Last edited:
They said if they made an MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online) it would have to appeal to ages 5-95. They weren't speaking about games in general.

In the Wii's lifespan there will be at least one MMO whether it be Phantasy star wii,Animal crossing,Zelda online or the next new project by ncsoft who are keen about the wii.

well i hope it's just nintendo, and not 3rd party characters kuz square said crystal bearers is coming out.

Back