Nintendo USB Connector problems

Sparknight

WiiChat Member
Aug 20, 2007
Hey guys !! I’m Sparknight and I’m used to forums. I have a problem with my Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. I achieved to install the software the first time and it recognized my Wii as possible Wi-Fi user. After accepting my Wii, I ran the connexion test on the Wii. They gave me the error code 52040. On the Nintendo Wii site, they told me to uninstall and then reinstall the software with the most recent version. I followed every of their steps into uninstalling and achieved to do so. But then, when I tried to reinstall the USB Connector, they gave me an error message that looks like that : ‘’Connexion sharing error (6)’’ (sorry for the bad translation, I’m French). However, when I first installed it, it installed perfectly. I looked on many forums but none managed to help me.

I have Windows XP and my internet provider is Videotron. Also, I’m not very fund in computers and things like that so if you could use simple language and/or give me a step-by-step on how to do this and that, it would be welcomed (also, the fact that English isn’t my first language doesn’t help).

Thanks and I hope you guys can help me, I can’t wait to go on the Wi-Fi to download Virtual Console games !!

I thought that the USB connector was only necessary if you cannot use Wi-Fi. Do you have access to a Wi-Fi network? Or are you trying to use the USB adapter to connect to an ethernet network?

I don't have access to a Wi-Fi network, I guess i'm Ethernet if i'm not Wi-Fi, the only thing I know is that it has cables.

Back