Nintendo WI-FI USB question

OdinsFury

WiiChat Member
Dec 21, 2006
A simple question really, is there any way to make the bubble that keeps popping up when my wii connects and disconnects go away? It's only annoying when the wii is powered down but using wii connect 24. As far as I can tell there isn't a way to do it, so I'll probably just disable the popping sound.

http://www.wiichat.com/Off the Balloons Tip:

One of the features that's new to XP is the pop-up balloons to let you know that a tour, or hotfix, or network connection (etc.) is available. If you find these simply annoying, you can add the following Registry entry to kill them off for good.
Hive: HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
Name: EnableBalloonTips
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Value: 0
If you later decide that you want the balloons back, you can delete the entry, or set its value to 1. As always, please use caution and frequent backups when editing the Registry.

Would there happen to be a registry value for the WiFi connection alert? I dont really want to get rid of ALL my ballon tips

Redan499 said:
Would there happen to be a registry value for the WiFi connection alert? I dont really want to get rid of ALL my ballon tips

Not that I know of. . .I've tried searching before because I have some balloon tips I've wanted to turn off, but there wasn't an option to do so. . .it seems like an all or nothing deal.

Back