Nintendos' E3 Press Conference Discussion Thread

Major bore, thanks for wasting my time. Ended on a high note though.

@Bodine: Metroid: Other M, coming in 2010. It's 3D, not 2D...

r they ever gonna make a decent fps for the Wii??? I mean, i know they have the house of the dead 2 & 3 returns, as well as COD:WaW, but one that genuinely fits the Wii and the users, and i dont want one where you can insert your Mii character, that'd be so stupid, i guess im kinda picky, but I want some good games, Nintendo just makes games for the Wii about any old thing! Like The Guinness World Records? WTF was that? but in all honesty, i love the Wii, but we really need some good games, let's do it Nintendo! {(ready....break!)}

From the comments in this thread I'm glad I'm not watching.

So what's this new Mario game all about? 1up says it's some sort of remake of NSMB for the Wii, which I won't be pleased about if true (not that it's a bad game, it's just that everyone with a DS already has it).

@Bodine: Metroid: Other M, coming in 2010. It's 3D, not 2D...
Bring on a new 2D game, please!

OK to recap for those not watching.

A few new jRPGs are coming. GOLDEN SUN for DS being the highlight.

A new 2D mario for Wii thats 4 player and that looks mildly promising...

Mario Galaxy 2, that looks EXACTLY the same as Mario Galaxy but features some use of Yoshi.

Too much focus on casual games, and embarrassing 'female' games.

Yet another new Wii attachment that monitors heart-rate?

A 2D Metroid for Wii that could be awesome, and looks nice.

Motion Plus we know, WiiResort we know, Conduit we know, Red Steel 2 we assumed, they showed nothing anyway.

And a waste of 1.5hrs.

I'm off to bed to get 2.5hrs sleep before first day back at college. >.<

Last edited:
The new Metroid is a mix of 2.5D, 3D, and third person.

I don't get it. Is the Metroid 2D or 3D?

EDIT: ah, ok

Yeah they showed it as a mixed bag. The side-scrolling parts looked the most fun, and the most 'authentic' to a Samus experience.

The 3rd person perspective didnt work for me, and the 1st person is love or hate.

Seriously ticked due to lack of Starfox.

Didn't get to watch it (currently waiting for the replay to be encoded)...but judging from everyone's reactions, I didn't miss much.

Meh, overall I was really disappointed. Thankfully they ended on a pretty good note with Metroid: Other M and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Although I must admit, it's hard to get so excited about Nintendo's or Sony's press conference after Microsoft's big surprise with Project Natal. It doesn't matter if it's a success or not, the fact is that it definitely grabbed a lot of attention and will be hard to top in terms of surprises.

I don't think my wii will be in my entertainment center very much longer. It's going to be retired to the closet where it belongs.

Back