Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nintendo's Third Party Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by CantGetAWii, Jan 3, 2008.

1. CantGetAWii

CantGetAWii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3099-0319-5478-2979
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Source:
    http://dpad.gotfrag.com/wii/story/41066/?spage=2

Puts to rest some of the things I thought were causing the problem, and advertising seems to be quite the issue. I still think people need to buy the games, more so then they are and Nintendo has to fix their own end of things.
    Then we may truly see some greatness.

2. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Even though I knew most of this stuff. Very informative and very good find.

It kind of gives a slap to the face to some posters here in these forums. Though none may not admit it, this proves that Nintendo isnt some perfect little angel and shows some of this is their fault. Then again they don't have the money to do things Microsft and Sony can do seeing as they are a company that is devoted only to gaming instead of more than one market. But some things that Nintendo do is just down right stupid, like the online and not advertising games outside of Nintendo, yet they expect it to sale...? No adverisement results to fewer sales, which in turns results in more crappy 3rd party games that both Sony and Microsoft would not pay for.

Which no one can deny that because if it weren't for this lovely forums I would not know half of whats going on with the Wii.

REP FOR YOU!

3. zap'em up

zap'em up WiiChat Member

perhaps nintendo already knows these things nd they are working online....nd maybe they've talked to 3rd party developers nd told them to stop making crap.

4. Dbomb3

Dbomb3 wiiwii

Wii Friend Code: 6089-6603-3065-9651
    6089-6603-3065-9651
    i read that whole article, and i completely agree with it. if nintendo would just listen to these people (and everyone else) the wii would beextremely succesful. even more then it is now.

and i heard somewhere that nintendo told the 3rd party companies to get better.

5. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Maybe, or maybe not.

Remember now, they can't just tell developers "stop making half-baked games for the Wii, its insulting!"

Nintendo doesn't advertise just like the article says. Have you ever seen a Wii commercial that didn't have to do with a Nintendo game? I know I haven't. Unless it was a mutliplatform game on all consoles like Madden and NBA Live. So take No More Heroes, there's a good chance that even a decent looking game like this wont sell 1 million because no advertising. Infact I haven't hardly even seen any internet ads about it. Ive seen more "Too Human" ads and that game isn't even confirmed to actually be releasing.

So what do you do when Nintendo doesn't advertise the game (Business 101 like the article said!) which results in bad sales? You say "F YOU Nintendo" and go to another company (console).

6. zap'em up

zap'em up WiiChat Member

well shouldnt it be the company that makes the game that advertises it i mean if they want more game sales tehy should advertise shure nintendo can do it but if it's not their game they dont actually have to...i say its the producers/company fault for not advertising

7. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Actually, im not exactly sure. But when you see commercials they're usually followed by Playstation 3 or Xbox 360, so im guessing Microsoft/Sony does it themselves. While possible some bigger publishing companies do some themselves like EA and 2k.

All I know is that when Xbox 360 gets an exclusive 3rd party game like Bioshock, its advertised everywhere. But when Wii gets one, you dont see it. So im guessing its on the console's company for the most part.

But im pretty sure developers can't do it. Thats why they go to publishers for funding to make the game.

No More Hereos is published by Ubisoft which is a pretty succussful company so im guessing they're able to do their own commercials. But I think Nintendo is supposed to help.

8. iojpoutn

iojpoutn WiiChat Member

I agree about the lack of advertising. If I didn't actively hunt down information at IGN and forums like this, I wouldn't know anything about what games were coming out for the Wii.

I think Guitar Hero III may help with the 3rd party support situation. They proved that a non-childish game can be successful on the Wii.

If No More Heroes also does well, I think we'll be seeing a lot more Wii exclusives.

9. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

I dont think GH3 really counts. Its not childish, but anyone can play it. Even casual gamers and kids.

10. jimbo

jimbo wii are cool!!!!!

^ is that not what the wii is aimed at.(causal gamers)

agree with all of it exept part 5.honestly were did that come from.

i can rememer red steel being advertised but apart from that only 2 or 3 other non nintendo games

11. Wiimoto

Wiimoto Sonic + Brawl = Ownage

I dunno, all I see for advertisment is these two guys going to random peoples houses and knocking on doors and they randomly start playing wii. "Wii would like to play"

But I agree with the article/blog and I hope nintendo takes those steps to make their console better.