No Mario Party for VC

FCB10

Ahmet
Dec 25, 2010
The Hague, The Netherlands
Wii Online Code
6308-6845-0316-7739
I think this is one of the biggest reasons why the original game won't get released on VC:

LAWSUIT (Source = Wikipedia)

In Mario Party, certain minigames required players to rotate the controller's analog stick like "Cast Aways" and "Tug O"War".e. Some players got blisters and other hand injuries from rotating the analog stick using the palms of their hands instead of using their thumb[4]. Some wore away the stick because it was not very durable. Some parents filed a lawsuit against Nintendo of America because of this. Nintendo was found guilty and had to pay fines to the parents and promise under United States Law to give gloves to anybody who hurts their hand(s) while playing these mini-games. The analog stick rotation has no longer been used since Mario Party 2. The exceptions are the mini-game in Mario Party 5 in which the player only needs to rotate it once and the mini-game in Mario Party 3 in which players see how far they can throw Bowser and did not need to use the palm of their hand to move the analog stick.

Although I prefered the original. I admit that my rotate stick got broken in the early days, but it was worth it :)

Back