no more heroes coming in 6 more days!

Atomheart said:
This game seems to be getting a lot of hype on these boards. I hope you guys don't end up with a dissappointing, overhyped flop. Based on the history of the Wii, I'd expect that. Well, that and how stupid, cheesy, and ridiculously repetitive it looks.
The really big hyped up Wii games like Zelda TP, SPM, MP3 and SMG have all been big flops right? :rolleyes:

No More Heroes seems to have got good reviews so far in Japan but im waiting for the North American reviews before i commit to buying it or not.

Atomheart said:
This game seems to be getting a lot of hype on these boards. I hope you guys don't end up with a dissappointing, overhyped flop. Based on the history of the Wii, I'd expect that. Well, that and how stupid, cheesy, and ridiculously repetitive it looks.

Game is intended to be cheesy/funny, if thats not your cup of tea thats fine.
Also its not going to be "ridiculously repetitive", considering it has a bunch of different elements in the game, upgrades, different missions etc. If you don't want to get one of the better Wii games that is coming out this year, maybe you should get rid of your Wii altogether. Brawl may get too repetitive for you, along with Mario Kart and Animal Crossing. Maybe go play another console, and play the less repetitive Assassin's Creed :lol:

6 days, got the 22nd of January marked on my calendar!

Budo said:
Yup, the only problem with that though is we won't know if people didn't buy the game because it was actually bad, or simply because it didn't include Mario as a playable character :lol:

What are you talking about? As far as my comment about referring to the flop history of Wii games, I was only referring to how the vast majority of Wii games have been pretty big flops (from a critic standpoint), either in absolute terms or in comparison to the hype that surrounded the game.

I'm betting on the latter for this game.

solidkirby said:
I'm sure you're speaking of this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ1SIAWWw1s

I just watched that this morning for the first time, actually. My opinion is slightly changed, as it has an interesting story behind it. Before watching this, I had only seen some snippets of gameplay. Though, as previously stated, it looks like it could get repetitive.

Of course it's going to get repetitive. The combat entirely consists of running around and whacking dudes with some cheeseball light saber rip off.

Do you even get guns in this game? If not, I won't even bother to rent this game.

brigipson said:
also idr rather get a 360 over a wii anyways im for american products. thats if i were to get another system

Heh. Are you kidding? You realize that the 360 is produced in China, like most products. Almost nothing is produced in the US anymore, including all video games and consoles.

raisinghelen said:
The really big hyped up Wii games like Zelda TP, SPM, MP3 and SMG have all been big flops right? :rolleyes:

No More Heroes seems to have got good reviews so far in Japan but im waiting for the North American reviews before i commit to buying it or not.

And those are basically the ONLY games that got good reviews. What about all of the games that failed to live up to the hype, such as MP8? Need I list more.

Also, I wouldn't exactly consider SPM a success. The reviews weren't spectacular, and I doubt the sales were that great as well.

CantGetAWii said:
Game is intended to be cheesy/funny, if thats not your cup of tea thats fine.
Also its not going to be "ridiculously repetitive", considering it has a bunch of different elements in the game, upgrades, different missions etc. If you don't want to get one of the better Wii games that is coming out this year, maybe you should get rid of your Wii altogether. Brawl may get too repetitive for you, along with Mario Kart and Animal Crossing. Maybe go play another console, and play the less repetitive Assassin's Creed :lol:

6 days, got the 22nd of January marked on my calendar!

What makes you think it's going to be one of the better games for the Wii this year? There have been no reviews yet (aside from some advertisements/previews masquerading as quasi-reviews). All of the previews I've read have been less than enthusiastic about this game as well.

I'd expect reviews in the high 7's or perhaps the low 8's. The game is nothing more than a really bad, cheesy GTA ripoff that's about 5 years too late. Then to top if off, they slap a really uber-cheesy Japanime wraparound on the game, which is sure to alienate the majority of Wii owners for that reason alone.

Atomheart said:
And those are basically the ONLY games that got good reviews. What about all of the games that failed to live up to the hype, such as MP8? Need I list more.

Also, I wouldn't exactly consider SPM a success. The reviews weren't spectacular, and I doubt the sales were that great as well.

You talk about hype?
No More Heroes has barely any hype, notice the lack of advertising you see of the game. Our feelings on the forum do not hype up the game, considering those are just opinions.

A game that was not advertised that got splendid reviews..Zak and Wiki?
Thats the only reason why No More Heroes won't sell well is because of the lack of advertising.

Mario Party 8 had hype? :lol:
Are you serious, those games have been the same year in and year out.
That game also sold well considering the casual Wii owners jumped all over its casualness. Seriously what are you saying?

Atomheart said:
What makes you think it's going to be one of the better games for the Wii this year? There have been no reviews yet (aside from some advertisements/previews masquerading as quasi-reviews). All of the previews I've read have been less than enthusiastic about this game as well.

I'd expect reviews in the high 7's or perhaps the low 8's. The game is nothing more than a really bad, cheesy GTA ripoff that's about 5 years too late. Then to top if off, they slap a really uber-cheesy Japanime wraparound on the game, which is sure to alienate the majority of Wii owners for that reason alone.

Funny, all the previews I read were praising the game and were glad to see a more mature game being released on the Wii. Don't know where you read your previews that have said otherwise about the game. I also haven't read nor noticed No More Heroes being at all similar to GTA.

Like I said above, the only thing stopping this game from being really good and selling well is advertising, as there has been a lack of it for this game. And Japanime?..is that even a word. As far as I am concerned, people out there (not me) like Anime. And the game was developed by Japanese developers or has Japanese elements in the game so what?

Atomheart said:
Of course it's going to get repetitive. The combat entirely consists of running around and whacking dudes with some cheeseball light saber rip off.

Do you even get guns in this game? If not, I won't even bother to rent this game.

:lol:

Let's see, you need a weapon that's in 99.9% of all FPS in order to play this game?? :scared:

Atomheart said:

You consider Mario Party 8 a game that was hyped?? :eek:ut: Im dreading to see what else you consider as a hyped up game.

Super Paper Mario was well rated with 8.9 on IGN and 8.5 overall on metacritic. It was the best selling game in April 2007 selling 350k, beating all other Wii, PS2, 360 and PS3 titles and had sold 1.25 million before it was even released in PAL regions.

Shaderhack said:
:lol:

Let's see, you need a weapon that's in 99.9% of all FPS in order to play this game?? :scared:

So no guns, then? Just the Luke Skywalker stick thing? How will that NOT get repetitive?

Besides, I don't get swords. What's the dude going to do when some dude blasts him in the face with a gun from across the room?

Atomheart said:
So no guns, then? Just the Luke Skywalker stick thing? How will that NOT get repetitive?

Besides, I don't get swords. What's the dude going to do when some dude blasts him in the face with a gun from across the room?

Please, when making reference to a game have some prior knowledge of what it really is about. His sword, which is called a Katana can be upgraded and used in different ways. One way its used is deflecting bullets back at enemies who try "blasting him in the face with a gun from across the room". He also defeats certain bosses that way, and various other ways as well.

CantGetAWii said:
Please, when making reference to a game have some prior knowledge of what it really is about. His sword, which is called a Katana can be upgraded and used in different ways. One way its used is deflecting bullets back at enemies who try "blasting him in the face with a gun from across the room". He also defeats certain bosses that way, and various other ways as well.

So? Why doesn't he just use a gun to blast things from a distance? Swords and all cheesy incarnations became obsolete in the 1800's when guns became the norms for combat. This game takes place in the modern day, yet he won't use a gun? Running around with a giant glow stick is going to get REALLY repetitive!

Back