no more heroes coming in 6 more days!

I think the game looks brilliant. I'll certainly be buying it. To me, it looks refreshing for the Wii and we need more games like this really. I personally rather like the graphical approach to this game, as it is something I haven't really witnessed in my game collection.

I fail to see the why every single game that involves combat should use a gun. Why don't they give the characters guns in the new Street Fighter? It would be a lot easier to cause damage by just standing there and shooting, rather than having to pull off various moves. I think you could honestly call any game repetitive really, it just depends on how much you like what you're doing to how much it could effect you.

Don't know what took me so long to find this thread...

There's been 2 reviews thus far and both are in the 9's...

And AtomHeart, you know absolutely nothing about his game. You've proven it by saying:

Do you even get guns in this game?

As soon as you said that, you were done. And it makes sense why he doesn't use a gun. (Of course if you read something about it, you would know this) I do understand you not wanting this game though, some people just don't like games that go away from the norm and use a different gameplay mechanic.

(And everyone's been waiting for a good sword fighter on the Wii. It was only a matter of time before we got one.)

Can't wait for this game!

Atomheart said:
So? Why doesn't he just use a gun to blast things from a distance? Swords and all cheesy incarnations became obsolete in the 1800's when guns became the norms for combat. This game takes place in the modern day, yet he won't use a gun? Running around with a giant glow stick is going to get REALLY repetitive!

Replacing the sword with a gun make it any less repetitive in your eyes?
Seriously, your making some pretty bold statements here.

Sword use is part of the game, you like it..thats great.
You don't..oh well.

Again I don't see how using the Sword in more ways than one and having upgrades for your Katana get that repetitive, but whatever.

Atomheart said:
So? Why doesn't he just use a gun to blast things from a distance? Swords and all cheesy incarnations became obsolete in the 1800's when guns became the norms for combat. This game takes place in the modern day, yet he won't use a gun? Running around with a giant glow stick is going to get REALLY repetitive!

Dude, your posts are trollish... leave the thread and don't buy the game.

-End of Line-

I've broke down.
Without much force, mind you.:lol:

I think I'll be picking this up.
I'll need something for my Wii while I wait for Brawl.
And, how could something with all that blood, and swears not be good?
Don't answer that.

It'll be a one of a kind thing for the Wii, I'm sure.

nic7 said:
Don't know what took me so long to find this thread...

There's been 2 reviews thus far and both are in the 9's...

And AtomHeart, you know absolutely nothing about his game. You've proven it by saying:

As soon as you said that, you were done. And it makes sense why he doesn't use a gun. (Of course if you read something about it, you would know this) I do understand you not wanting this game though, some people just don't like games that go away from the norm and use a different gameplay mechanic.

(And everyone's been waiting for a good sword fighter on the Wii. It was only a matter of time before we got one.)

Can't wait for this game!

LOL! Those aren't even reviews. One is basically just an advertisement and the other is from some obscure, crappy Japanese rag that no on reads. Both are useless.

And I've read a bunch of previews. I just didn't read anything about guns and thought maybe someone else has heard more on that. All I'm saying that sword play is cheesball. I'll just stand 15 feet from any dude with a sword and blast him with a gun. Game over. I can see having a glow stick as a backup melee weapon like the chainsaw in GTA, but not as the main/only weapon.

This game should get OK ratings like all GTA clones. It'll probably score on par with those crappy True Crime games (but not be nearly as fun as you only have a glow stick to fight with).

CantGetAWii said:
Replacing the sword with a gun make it any less repetitive in your eyes?
Seriously, your making some pretty bold statements here.

Sword use is part of the game, you like it..thats great.
You don't..oh well.

Again I don't see how using the Sword in more ways than one and having upgrades for your Katana get that repetitive, but whatever.

Because combat will be basically the same throughout the game without the capability to really change it up. Basically combat will be summed up like this:

See dude form the distance. Run up to him. Slash him with your glow stick sword. The end.

With guns, you get a variety of different guns to use, all with different purposes and uses.

Atomheart said:
I'll just stand 15 feet from any dude with a sword and blast him with a gun. Game over. I can see having a glow stick as a backup melee weapon like the chainsaw in GTA, but not as the main/only weapon.
Guessing that you are not a Star Wars fan either from your comments but the 'glow sticks' in that universe seemed to work great against guns.

I presume that you dont like games like Ninja Gaiden, Heavenly Sword or Assassins Creed as well because they dont feature guns.

If swords are not your thing then you can simply ignore this game but theres no reason to keep harping on about it.

Wow, I guess you are entitled to your opinion, but please make logical points.. A review is a review. These people got the game early probably for a reason.. because the company trusts their reviewing skills. You can do with you want with the review, but you can't just say, "These reviewers aren't credible" and walk off laughing..

See dude form the distance. Run up to him. Slash him with your glow stick sword. The end.

See dude from distance. Shoot him. The end. (Your point there really doesn't make sense) At least with the sword game there is some originality...

With guns, you get a variety of different guns to use, all with different purposes and uses.

And your gun point is still not valid.. there's a reason in the game's storyline why he has the sword and not a gun..(And you would know this if you quit pretending and just read something about this game)
All I'm saying that sword play is cheesball.

You've never played a good sword fighter on the Wii... You are completely making assumptions that it will be bad. (And at least I have reviewers who can back me up that the game is good..)

And it's not a GTA clone, I don't know why you keep saying that.. (Oh yeah, that's right. You haven't read anything about the game yet..)

And if you don't want this game, this thread is not for you...

So get out...

Atomheart said:
Because combat will be basically the same throughout the game without the capability to really change it up. Basically combat will be summed up like this:

Sword can be upgraded for one thing, so I guess that gives it the "variety" you spoke of about the guns. You can also do wrestling moves and whatever else. Its not the same thing over and over, your failing to accept that for some reason.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=tZ1SIAWWw1s[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Back