No More Heroes Question about pop-in

Their may be flaws but so far most reviews seem to agree that the game is great. So no matter how much you make say about the technical problems it doesn't make it a bad game or unpolished. No game is perfect and has its flaws, it just depends on the person on how they deal with those flaws. So far its got a 88/100 at metacritic. Probably not a spectacular game, but still pretty good, especially for a Wii game.

Edit: Then again not all player reviews seem to share the same enthusiam as the critics. They could have possibly overrated since its a rare type of game for the Wii? Who knows -.- I still wanna see what Game Informer thinks as I always agree with them.

Last edited:
Atomheart said:
So horrid pop-in, unstable framerate, poor collision detection, etc. were intentional parts of the graphics engine? If not, the game is unpolished. It's as simple as that; I don't understand what you don't get.

Flaws such as those are inexcusable in every other game--why is that not the case with this game?

Do you know why "pop-in" is even implemented in a game? The graphics card doesn't have much power as it is. Designing a graphics engine to take full advantage of the graphics card for a given type of game isn't trivial either. Suda 51 developed an engine for their type of open world that required pop-in to increase framerates. Collision detection would've killed the 3d engine's performance, and I guess they still couldn't optimize the game to it's peak since there are framerate issues in some scenes. So, did they not polish the game's graphics engine? Maybe, but what game has an open world, where you can drive at a fast speed, cel-shaded, and has a lot of objects on-screen at once for the Wii that runs better?

Even the famed Assassin's Creed had draw-in with it's characters. As you ran down the street, the closer you got to the "invisible" models, the more they would turn from transparent to opaque.. same type of graphics trick to save on framerate drops.

-M

Last edited:
T3kNi9e said:
Their may be flaws but so far most reviews seem to agree that the game is great. So no matter how much you make say about the technical problems it doesn't make it a bad game or unpolished. No game is perfect and has its flaws, it just depends on the person on how they deal with those flaws. So far its got a 88/100 at metacritic. Probably not a spectacular game, but still pretty good, especially for a Wii game.

Edit: Then again not all player reviews seem to share the same enthusiam as the critics. They could have possibly overrated since its a rare type of game for the Wii? Who knows -.- I still wanna see what Game Informer thinks as I always agree with them.

I guess the game isn't for you then.. it just got the lowest review score of all the reviews by GameInformer - 6.0

Back