No SD Card Support for Third-Party Developers

Wii_Rulez

Waluigi The Great
Jun 12, 2006
SC
Wii Online Code
3498-5538-0554-5440
An interesting side note, developers tell me that third party SD card support may be out for launch. Most third parties apparently don’t have access to the Wii SD card bay yet, just as Nintendo has yet to provide libraries for online support. In short, it doesn’t look like we’ll be storing our third party game save files to SD card and bringing the data over to a friend’s house during the first couple months of Wii’s release.

This is most likely the same thing as no online games for 3rd Party games until early 07.
Source

blaahahahahah wow you really got me there.heres another question

can madcats create a legitimate wii controller?

can any 3rd party manufacturer remake the wii controller?

well i did...but that was with paper, see previous topic, stated by me.

see i doubt that.

OOOOHO I JUST THOUGHT OF A GRAND IDEA! Wii controller WITH AIRFLOW!!!!!!!!

ogm omg omgo mgom gomg omgom g thats copyright. i invented that.

airflow? ^.^ is that mocking the "fan cooled" everything controller madcatz made for every system?

I wonder if you can just bypass this SD support problem by using a USB flashdrive to store game saves or whether the USB ports are only for transfering music to the Wii?

The Wii is so light and small, it really won't be that hard to just bring it with you to a friend's house until this SD card support thing is fixed.

how come it seems like nintendo keeps making stupid moves?

first online third aprty
now this?
ARE THEY TRYING TO GET THE THIRD PARTIES TO GO AWAY LIKE ON GC?

Sovieto said:
how come it seems like nintendo keeps making stupid moves?

first online third aprty
now this?
ARE THEY TRYING TO GET THE THIRD PARTIES TO GO AWAY LIKE ON GC?
I'd rather wait for a good online system and SD card support than get stuff that's slapped together for launch. Who knows, maybe there will be downloadable online multiplayer for games that lack it at launch; could happen.

The sd card support will probably not need to be programmed specially in, it may be just automatically available as memory, lets just wait till official word comes out. edit - and even the source you list doesn't say who is telling this information, it is ign but all they say is third party doesn't have the sd card bay yet, probably because they have dev kits not the real thing, they can still support it without having the bay.

Last edited:
hey

In short, it doesn’t look like we’ll be storing our third party game save files to SD card and bringing the data over to a friend’s house during the first couple months of Wii’s release.

I just wanted to point out that this statement could be VERY VERY misleading, and not well thought out. You see, I would be quite suprised if Nintendo don't make some sort of utility that's built into the Wii Operating System, which enables you to manage and copy things TO and FROM your Wii's 500MB Flash Storage and your SD Card. Thus, in my eyes, it DOES "look like we’ll be storing our third party game save files to SD card and bringing the data over to a friend’s house during the first couple months of Wii’s release." :)

So yea, if Nintendo have made some sort of utility as I have described above, which I think is VERY likely, then this is a very small issue.

ALSO, I wanted to add some of my thoughts about the Online Support issue. Now, even if games turn out to be without Online Support for the first few months or so, I hope (and I think this is possible, but not sure how likely) that developers eventually release a PATCH that adds Online Support. :)

cyas

Last edited:
Back