No Wif-Fi for 3rd-party developers until 2007

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
At the bottom of a recent IGN article is the bombshell news that Nintendo's 3rd party titles wont support online play until 2007!

Gamers hoping for an online component, however, are in for bad news, because one isn't planned. Activision would not say why, but IGN has separately learned from multiple development sources that Nintendo will not release Wii Wi-Fi Connection libraries to third parties until early 2007, which means that no third party launch title will have an online mode.

Wow this is a pretty big revelation and may indeed affect sales of the Wii's third party titles given the huge deman for online gaming.

source of article: http://wii.ign.com/articles/728/728041p1.html

No big deal. Nintendo just wants to flesh out Wiiconnect24 so that the 3rd parties don't have any major bugs to fix. There will probably be updates and free patches for the games.

if the wii comes out and the games come out with no wifi would we have to buy the same game in 2007 to have wifi for it?

im sure the 3rd party games that support online gameing will have it built into it at launch but it wont be usable untill 2007 (only 3 months, no biggie)

aww i0n you stole my topic!! oh well, a little credit could be given, it seems like everyone is tkaing my topic and putting it into their own

Wii Believe said:
wot is a 2nd party game?

iv never reli understood the term
This is a second party definition, and just for the hell of it:
This is a First party definition
This is a Third party definition
Well, at least Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Warioware, Smash Bros Brawl, Wii sports, Disaster Day Of Crisis, P.R.O.J.E.C.T Hammer and all the other first party titles (which lets face it, more people are excited about them than things like Red Steel (which has had mixed opinions) and Sonic (Not as big as first party titles)).

Sovieto said:
aww i0n you stole my topic!! oh well, a little credit could be given, it seems like everyone is tkaing my topic and putting it into their own

I pulled the story from joystiq.com :confused:

Back