No Way

1liter

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2006
Ok i got fed up with my batteries dying all the time so i went out and got a 15 minute charger by enegizer no doubt. 2200 mah. I have had bout 6 hours of game play and its telling me they are dying already? What is that?

how long should those things last?

my watch is not broken its even documented on the wii
i switched them out before i started playing. 5 hours yesterday
about 1 hour this am. no more than 6 i **** you not

I had the exact same problem with my Duracell 2400mAh, 15 min charger...except I lasted only 4 hours. Got a lil pissed to say the least.

I was getting ready to return them when I finally approached my second or 3rd time going through a set of batteries. The lifespan suddenly increased to 36-48 hours of gameplay with constant rumbling (madden) and speaker on medium. Probably just needed the first charge to be beyond the advertised 15 minutes (30-45 minutes) and after that you're set?

If the energizer charger is anything like my Duracell charger, it doesn't really read the juice in the battery, it simply reads if a battery is in the charger and sets a 15 min timer after you plug the charger in (kinda lame). After it finished one charge cycle I just unplugged the charger and plugged it back in, and it started another complete 15 min cycle.

So far, since the 3rd recharge cycle, the worst lifespan I've gotten from the batteries is roughly 15 hours of gameplay (and I haven't had to do the double charge cycle thing as well). That may not be all that great but that alone already surpasses my old regular Duracell Coppertops in cost effectiveness several times over. Then later on I was planning on trying to find some 2700 mAh and seeing how long those actually last. Until then, I could even stand to live with the small 20 hour lifespan: it's only 15 min for a charge so it's not like it's that big of a deal.

Last edited:
who is using non alkaline battery and getting a decent life cycle from them?

The ones that came with the remote lasted 6 days...now i get 6 hours...

vi3tmix has the right idea. Get a decent charger, one that actually measures the current flowing through the batteries as it charges them. Once that current reaches 0mA, they are charged.

Even with AA batteries, an overnight trickle charge is the only way to properly charge them, forget about your 15 minute supercharged booster turbo charges.

Another thing which helps keep a good charge and prolongs the life of the battery, is to totally discharge the battery before you attempt to recharge it. This is very hard to do, and thus the reason that any decent battery charger will have a discharge cycle before it enters its' charging phase. Some have a manual "discharge" button. Note that a discharge cycle can last as long as a charging cycle, sometimes longer depending on existing charge.

Personally, I would go for "high power" batteries for the Wiimote given that it has the rumble feature, it will eat low power ones for breakfast. I would say at the very least go for 2000mA/h or more if you can. And always go for NiMH and not NiCd, they have a much better charge hold and less of a "memory" so the discharge cycle time is a lot lower.

Last edited:
with my experience the best ones are energizer 2500 NiMh. With the speaker on the 3rd bar, rumble and nunchuk attached i got 39hr41min after 1 full charge. As mentioned above, get rid of the 15 min charger and get one that takes 7-8 hours to charge. Just make sure you have a spare set charged ready to go

My Wii mote lasted 4 weeks with playing at least 5 hours a day before needing batteries.

Back