Not Living up to Smash Brothers Standards?

FR.

Feb 19, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
4253-4708-4555-0363
Before you read my rant, read the Adventure Mode section of the Smash Brothers Dojo site...all of it.

I'm getting a little worried after reading all the information on Adventure Mode for SSBB. I'm starting to wonder: Is this what Super Smash Brothers all about?

Sure, we have all the great characters, items and stages for Brawl multiplayer. That section of the game is looking great, no doubt. It's the Adventure Mode that makes me wonder. Look at the baseline of the story -- space aliens, Subspace Armies, Robotic Operating Buddies. It looks a little to advanced for a Smash Brothers game, IMO. (I know Nintendo said it would not be to heavily emphasized, but it's still there.)

I don't like the idea of the pricesses being captured. You're probably saying: "But that's what the Mario series is all about, rescuing Peach from Bowser." Yes, you are correct in that way, but, this is Smash Bros, not the Mario series.

Yes, I must admit, this is a very creative idea from Nintendo, but it does not belong in a Smash Brothers game.

Remember when Smash Bros. first came out for the N64? That was a good Smash Bros. game, sticking mainly to multiplayer fighting action. We move along to SSBM, even more detail is added, new features and all. The Adventure Mode was good. Why? Because it was a simple concept to grasp...beat the enemy advanced to the next level and eventually fight the boss. Now look at the SSBB Adventure Mode, it's confusing compared to SSBM's.

Bottom line, SSBB's Adventure Mode looks to advanced and confusing to be in a Smash Brothers game. Sure, we're moving into the future and people want new features. Nintendo can do that for a Smash Bros. game, just keep it simple.

well in melee there were puzzles to solve, this dosn't look that confusing, it just adds more

you say rescuing princess is what the mario series is about, but that's not ssbb, well the mario series plays a big part in the ssb series

in adventure mode, you had to do plenty of stuff lfrom escaping a level(but that's what the metroid series is about not the ssb series) and going to a underground maze, killing zelda enemies and trying to find the triforce(but that;s what the zelda series is about not the ssb series)

the ssb series combines all of nintendo's franchises so it's going to take aspects from all the games, i think the subspace missionary is going to be awesome and i am looking forward to it very much

^lol that's funny
i don't think these guys are diverting all thier attention to the single player mode like the updates suggest. i think once we see more stages we'll have you'll be more satisfyed:smilewinkgrin:.

Nah the adventure mode in melee was dull, this will be better, and you will still have all the other modes you love so be cool man

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!!

The first samsh bros was just battles, then in melee they spiced it up a bit with adventure mode which just gave side stuff,(find the triforce, mario style ect..) now in brawl they are ACTUALLY creating an adventure mode thats is an adventure while still retraining the rock'em sock'em gameplay in VS mode.
I for one love the idea of an actual adventure mode and still have classic mode which are almost the same.
Also one the old systems that probably couldnt add a high tech adventure system like the one in brawl on the N64, maybe the Gc but it looks soooo cool!

the reason they made an actual story line. is because not everyone has someone to play with and not everyone has wifi. and singleplayer is the only real thing you can do other than the minigames and other crud. unless you beat them. and this is probably going to be funner and WAY more fun. and last adventure mode was too much. it wasnt ''smash bros'' it was mario and zelda and metroid. thats what makes the game smash bros. the compilation and mixture of all the characters and making it so they all have one thing in common. and in this. they all might have something more than being mad at the other people. sorry if it didnt make sense. i dont have that much time right now

I hope that there is a really good story line with this new addition to Smash brothers. I think this was a great idea. I'm looking forward to see where they go with this whole thing.

theres also the old school mode...adventure is just doing something fun, a platformer with a more complex than average fighting system.

My god...Is this what I think it is? Could it be?

A thorough, well-prepared discussion thread in the SSBB sub-forum!?
*checks to make sure I'm still in the SSBB sub-forum*

Anyway, I have to disagree with you. First of all, I'm not very fond of complaints like these because its one of those things that "Nobody is forcing you to do." Its like people complaining about not wanting Sonic in Brawl; If you dont like him, dont use him.
However, you could argue that an in-depth adventure mode could divert Ninty's attention from the multiplayer. I can assure you that this is not the case. As seen in the evolution of SSB to SSBM, Ninty obviously knows where the heart of the series is, which is yet another reason why SSBB will have online gameplay (but thats for another rant).
I have to admit that I too was a bit worried when I heard about the princesses being captured. I loved the first Adventure Mode update. The Robot army was absolutely perfect. They are just generic enough to pull it off, plus they'll all lead up to the master hand (which desperately needs improvement).
On yet another topic, I have to disagree with you about adventure mode on melee. I absolutely despised it. Imo it was WAY too linear and predictable, whereas Classic mode is not.

All in all, I think this adventure mode will be a near-perfect match for Brawl, and will make it that much more enjoyable, especially seeing as all my friends ever wanted to play on melee was adventure mode...

...noobs

it is a good concept because the adventure in melee was just DULL
and the thing with the princess's in the cage, well i'm not completely sure but i think it's a way of unlocking new characters which is really cool.

great topic. Reped.

i was thinking about this too... The old adventure modes were way differnet...

i think this whole subspace emmisary is garbage

I would not have liked this game as much if there was not a good story theme going through it.

Sure, its looks great, better than any before, but I would not have liked to see just more stages/upgrades.

I wanted something Big, and we got it. I am happy.

I don't understand :wtf: The people who are saying they dont like this new Adventure Mode, what do they want? The same adventure mode as SSBM? Come on, Nintendo is giving us a new and very fun-looking Adventure Mode. This is NOT the same SSBM or the N64 SSB, its completely another SSB game and like every new SSB game, there are a LOT of diferent things and thats what makes the game cool. Sure, it's still SSB but that doesnt mean they will just make the same Adventure Mode as in SSBM with different stages (that would be ver boring)

Back