Not sure if this is a huge problem or not, Clarification needed

Yeah, I was gonna say something about that too, there are 5 led lights that are lit on each side, total of 10 led lights. Although only two are actually necessary for the Wii to work, one on each side. All 5 are lit on each side. Tried my second Wii remote (scored it at Best Buy), no luck, same problem. It's looking more and more like a faulty Wii console.

EDIT: By the way, thanks so much for trying to help me everyone. It's great to see the Wiichat community is this good about trying to help out it's members.

Last edited:
Similar issue with my console. I think it may just be an inherent flaw that you just have to live with but if you find out any more about it, be sure to post it here 'cause I'll be interested.

After all the trouble these guys have gone through to help me, I'm sure it's not an inherent flaw that you just have to live with. Well, one way or the other, I'll get it fixed. If I have to send it to Nintendo, then that's what I have to do. At least they send you another console first, then you send them the broken console. Rather than being like MS and making you wait a week to two weeks, if not longer, to get a working console.

is your sensor bar flipped upside-down? (if you didn't use the provided double stick tape, then it's a possibility)

I thought about that too. I've tried flipping it over, didn't make a bit of difference. Which make sense seeing as it's just a set of LEDs so it shouldn't matter if it's upside down or not, as long as the lights are lit. Thanks though.

And it gets even stranger. I hooked my wii up to my other TV on a table instead of in my entertainment center, and poof like magic it works fine. Only problem is, I'd much much rather use my better TV. This TV doesn't even have component hookups, only composite. I'll play like this if I have to, but I'm totally baffled as to why it works when hooked up to one TV but it doesn't when hooked up to the other. Maybe the Wii-Mote just doesn't like the TV being in the entertainment center?

Last edited:
Make sure there are no shiny surfaces infront of the Sensor bar, Because on my Samsung TV, At the top Is where I put my sensor bar, and if I dont put it on the edge of the TV screen it leaves a shiny surface infront of the sensor bar which could lead to all sorts of problems, Try it out!.

There's nothing shiny on my entertainment center or anything, it's all wood. I guess the wood itself is somewhat shiny, seeing as it's finished wood. I dunno, this whole thing is confusing the heck out of me. At least I know I don't have to send my Wii in, but I still don't know how to get it set up to work where I want it to.

Hmmm, I might have solved the problem. I had a philips gold plated set of composite cables plugged into the side of my TV. They had silver around the outside of the plugs, and clear shiny plastic coating around the silver wiring inside. I unplugged it, got it out of there. Covered up my digital cable box, shut my VCR off, covered up the little light that tells you if the TV's on or off, and started up the Wii. Seems to be working almost perfectly now. I can't tell if the Wii remote is perfectly lined up with the pointer or not, but if it's not, it almost is. It's a TON better than it was.

Last edited:
Back