Nunchuk ......do you need four?

Me friends are poor. Not neccecerelly (however u spell it.) They just aren't the gamers that go crazy and that would wait from 9 to 5 to get ur wii. Anyways, who just wants a gamer friends? I know i do. On the subject, i don't think that u will need a nunchuck 4 all of the controllers when u playin a game when u need no nunchuck. What im sayin is, the wii might get confused with sensing the nunchuck only on some but it probably will work. But, there are always gliches.

Okay, well heres another game that is confirmed to use 4 nunchuks: Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. If you watch the Official Trailer 1 here (a highly annoying trailer, i suggest muting it) It shows 4 Japanese kids making walking? motions for a track? mini game

Well, maybe this game isnt on everyone's list, but hey, the other first two were brilliant, im gonna give this one a chance........

Wii fund: $500 give or take :yesnod: Plus friends'll pay for their own controller/nunchuk

Squall7 said:
Also, you can see how the nunchaku and the classic controller comes in at half the price.

Nunchaku is the weapon, the controller's name is spealt Nunchuk. ;)

For Super Monkey Ball, you just need the Wii-Mote. As well as Elebits, I think. For shooting games, you need the Nunchuk. (Games like Red Steel, Call of Duty, and Far Cry)

Jenova said:
For Super Monkey Ball, you just need the Wii-Mote.

Did u look at the video? It is the Offical trailer. Its just 20 mb on low res if ur a registered gamespoter person (free)
Look at it before you u guarentee it doesnt need nunchuks

I find it hard the believe you wouldn't need the Nunchuck for a good amount of games. I mean, it has the analog stick on it, which is the basis for movement in any game.

So unless your telling me that alot of games won't have any moving..

Sure the Wiimote has a D-pad, but those aren't nearly as good for fluid motion, nor is it easy to press the Wiimotes D-pad at the same time your pressing buttons. So for all your shooters, adventure games (Zelda-esque), platformer games, ect, you will need the Nunchuck. For sports games and games like Mario Party, probably not.

Cyan Winters said:
I find it hard the believe you wouldn't need the Nunchuck for a good amount of games. I mean, it has the analog stick on it, which is the basis for movement in any game.

So unless your telling me that alot of games won't have any moving..

Sure the Wiimote has a D-pad, but those aren't nearly as good for fluid motion, nor is it easy to press the Wiimotes D-pad at the same time your pressing buttons. So for all your shooters, adventure games (Zelda-esque), platformer games, ect, you will need the Nunchuck. For sports games and games like Mario Party, probably not.

Well, yes, certainly. but the question is do u need four of em? And, for me, i think im gonna go all out because there will be games that need for like red steel monkey ball, and probably more. For the n64 i had just 3 controllers for the longest time. Man was that a pain! and then i did the same for the GC, but after a few years i got some cheapo controller.
I think/hope ive learned. If you think you are ever going to eventually have 4 complete sets of controllers, gettem now. I mean maybe u save 15 $ if u wait a few years, it'll be worth it.

Well the only friends of mine that will ever play the Wii with me, will have their OWN Wii. So, I don't realy need to buy 4. I'm just buying an extra one. =)

For anyone still concerned about controller pricing and nunchuck requirements, I'll restate:

There are third party controllers coming out that will operate as well, if not better, than Nintendo's controller and they will be significantly cheaper.

Back