Offical Punchout thread

It looks way too easy. I hope there's difficulty settings, and online play. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out and Super Punch-Out were ridiculously hard but they rewarded the player for better times and such, but the game industry has grown and we need more than a dozen+ matches to keep us on a game.

They better not skimp out on a surprise first-party title like this.
It has multi player
How this is done is still a mistery as a game like this is mostly played by waiting for the opponent to throw a punch

It has multi player
How this is done is still a mistery as a game like this is mostly played by waiting for the opponent to throw a punch

Multiplayer = / = online. I can't have friends over all the time, you know.

According to the information, Punch-Out is set to include a two-player versus mode, though no online multiplayer functionality was mentioned. Reads the release: "As in the single player mode, you'll want to land punches at the right moment to build up Star Punch points that translate into almighty haymakers! Landing and dodging blows in Head-to-Head mode also builds up a Giga Mac gauge. Once full, your fighter is ready to inflict some serious damage."
Nintendo also notes that characters Von Kaiser, King Hippo, Don Flamenco and trainer Doc Louis all return.

No online stuff mentioned
But that never bothers me as I dont like playing games online

No Mario as a Referee anymore. Just a regular looking official Boxing Referee.
Mario would have to be one of those special guest referee now
Hes got his own fighting games to be in

im not excited really anymore now that i realize it's just a remake and not a sequel... :-(
So your only concern was that it was a punchout game that is like the classic ones but it is one of the classic ones that you dont like about it?

It looks liker crap to me. All sports games need online play and Id on't want the new one till I can beat the old one.

If you haven't beaten the old one by now after 21 years then quit video games. Not liking Punch-Out!! and being a Nintendo fan is like claiming to like the Yankees and then hating Derek Jeter. It's also comical and not a real sports game.

If you haven't beaten the old one by now after 21 years then quit video games.
To be fair
Some of the guys later on in the game where right buggers to beat
Not liking Punch-Out!! and being a Nintendo fan is like claiming to like the Yankees and then hating Derek Jeter. It's also comical and not a real sports game.
I dont like Mario platformers
Dose that make me a none Nintendo fan (Virtual boy fan here)?

Truth is everybody has there own likes and dislikes
Them hating one game a publisher makes dosnt make them a lesser fan

Go shove it Whiteknight. Be a realman and pst your scores on www.wii-records.com or the official world record site www.twingalaxies.com where you have to send in videos of you playing as proof. Look up mrgoblueguy on both sites. We can't all be video game gods like you. I am sure I could kick your ass in most games.

I never claimed to be the best but if you can't beat Punch-Out!! after 21 years you suck. I got that game in December, 1987 and beat it shortly after. I also beat Mr. Sandman (the title holder) in 1985. Until you hold a world record like I do (Monster Lair, look it up in some 1991 issues of Electronic Gaming Monthly or search the net), you really shouldn't talk about scores. I have retired from professional scoring and now just play games and collect for fun.

Back