Offical Punchout thread

Um.....holy crap????? Gimme wunna doze! :thumbsup:
To bad, there about £300 quid (a good workout tho)

According to Kotakus review (added to the op) it dosnt use the classic controller.

The game is great but it is as easy as expected for the first run..still must of us already play Punch-out game before.It still really interresting and it brings back so many souvenirs. I'm a little disappointed in motion controls and the omission of a simple lefty mode. You know i like to hold my wiimote in my left hand and my nunchuck in the right hand. I prefer old-style nes controls...Anyway great game...Love it.

So I bought this game tonight.

I'm at Bear Hugger and can't quite beat him. I can't dodge or block or duck his huge hugging attack, it looks more like a double punch but it is supposedly a bear hug.

How to beat that attack?

Thanks

I also bought the game today, I'm really pleased with it. Graphics are very nice, and I like playing with the Wiimote held as an NES pad. The motion controls don't really seem right to me.

Overall, it's really definitely worth a purchase.

So I bought this game tonight.

I'm at Bear Hugger and can't quite beat him. I can't dodge or block or duck his huge hugging attack, it looks more like a double punch but it is supposedly a bear hug.

How to beat that attack?

Thanks

DUCK! (down)

Wait till you get to the Great Tiger. I was undefeated until he beat me 4 times.
-----------

I was gonna say this: I like the motion controls. They are fairly accurate (way better than the wii sports boxing).

Not only were they accurate, but they give a decent amount of exercise (and I am in really good shape). This is especially ok IN A BOXING GAME. I am not a fan of most of the wii motion controls. You shouldnt get tired from walking in circles in a maze, but hey, I dont mind breaking a sweat in a boxing match.

My only complaints: they really could use new fighters, and no online.

Last edited:
Went and picked mine up, enjoying it, I purchased a classic controller as i thought it would work with it, but it doesnt seem to be enless im doing somthing wrong.

I cant seem to get my timing right, im @ don and he keeps getting me.

bear hugger took awile, finally figured out the "duck timing", great tiger was an ass as well, took even longer, but don, cant get anywhere with him.

seems like the old tricks dont work as well with the new timing of the boxers.

Need some pointers, but over all i like it a lot, brings me back.

Went and picked mine up, enjoying it, I purchased a classic controller as i thought it would work with it, but it doesnt seem to be enless im doing somthing wrong.

I cant seem to get my timing right, im @ don and he keeps getting me.

bear hugger took awile, finally figured out the "duck timing", great tiger was an ass as well, took even longer, but don, cant get anywhere with him.

seems like the old tricks dont work as well with the new timing of the boxers.

Need some pointers, but over all i like it a lot, brings me back.

At the beginning, after he taunts, their is a long delay in his punch. I kept dodging too early. You have enough time to dodge twice before he connects.

Let me know if you have a more specific problem.

Last edited:
I want to get this game because of the motion controls. Im kind of tired of the old school nes style punchout versions so I'm hoping that the motion controls will bring life back into this series. Can you beat the game w/ motion controls? does it seem possible?

I want to get this game because of the motion controls. Im kind of tired of the old school nes style punchout versions so I'm hoping that the motion controls will bring life back into this series. Can you beat the game w/ motion controls? does it seem possible?

I didnt feel handicapped except for this.......if you (your body IRL) move back or forth really far, the sensor picks it up and counts it as a punch, which sucks if you need to dodge and cant b/c you are punching. Therefore, dont jump back and forth like you are a crazy person.

My roommate and girlfriend say they're back or shoulder muscles are sore today from the game last night.

The way I see it, there is some physical stamina required, and if you dont have it, what a fun way to build it. Doesnt seem like a draw back. Some people are too whiney. Like I said, I dont like holding a fake rifle up in the air while i spend 2 hours in a maze. Working out during a boxing game however, is fun to me.

I like how it shows the # of punches thrown after a vs match.

Last edited:
I didnt feel handicapped except for this.......if you (your body IRL) move back or forth really far, the sensor picks it up and counts it as a punch, which sucks if you need to dodge and cant b/c you are punching. Therefore, dont jump back and forth like you are a crazy person.

My roommate and girlfriend say they're back or shoulder muscles are sore today from the game last night.

The way I see it, there is some physical stamina required, and if you dont have it, what a fun way to build it. Doesnt seem like a draw back. Some people are too whiney. Like I said, I dont like holding a fake rifle up in the air while i spend 2 hours in a maze. Working out during a boxing game however, is fun to me.

I like how it shows the # of punches thrown after a vs match.

honestly if you are sore from any wii game its because you put TOO MUCH effort in it....the Wii doesnt measure force.......... just movement

honestly if you are sore from any wii game its because you put TOO MUCH effort in it....the Wii doesnt measure force.......... just movement

No, you are quite right, it doesnt require force, but I'm sure more than one person has had muscle soreness from a wii game before.

I'm sure you are Bruce Lee and all, but my girlfriend isnt used to punching or playing video games in general and got sore from playing for an hour. She didn't really try to use much force, she just go into it (after all, its fun). She goes to the gym regularly, she just doesnt shadow box for hours at a time.

What speaks well of the controls is I play full out as hard and fast as I can the entire time and it still plays accurately. I guess you could say I try to put TOO MUCH effort into everything I do. Personally I think it adds to the game to test your endurance as well as play the game, and that's what I do.

I would have no problem taking on the non-motion controls with my motion controls. They are just as accurate.

I AM OFFICIALLY THROWING THE GAUNTLET FOR ALL YOU MOTION CONTROL HATERS @ PUNCHOUT :incazzato: I've heard lots of people say they didnt like.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention this erlier, anyone found that if you are on your last knock down before you loose, and you hit the buttons (still not sure exactly what combination) little mac will stand back up one more time ?

Back