Offical Q & A Strikers

flight1991

STOP IT!
Sep 1, 2007
Wii Online Code
6396-1679-5264-9815
Trying to start a desent tread, if you have any questions that need to be answered, come to me,
( I will also add rep depending on your question )

Answer- It is a 50-50 chance.

Question- Who is the best Captain? Daisy seems to be very overpowered in my opinion, she can tele, she is fast, she has the best ultimate which is almost 100% an instant point. And toher characters like Mario are slow and have a horrible ultimate where you can just knock them over constantly.

laderer5 said:
Answer- It is a 50-50 chance.

Question- Who is the best Captain? Daisy seems to be very overpowered in my opinion, she can tele, she is fast, she has the best ultimate which is almost 100% an instant point. And toher characters like Mario are slow and have a horrible ultimate where you can just knock them over constantly.

preference really

Daisy is my own favorite pick for captain for all those reasons! She has a few glaring weaknesses, however, that you can exploit. Daisy's strong hits and blinding speed means she can cover the ball like a champ, but she has little hope of shooting anything less than a white ball into the goal, and her passes are slow and easy to intercept. Her teleport takes a few moments to actually kick in, and a strong hitter may be able to catch her while she's in-transit. I think you're overrating her Crystal Smash special, although if she uses it and has a white ball in her hands you are indeed in serious teleport trouble. It's sometimes neccessary to foul Daisy if she's got a hot ball coming her way.

All your answers are incorrect.

1. Home team is given to the lower ranked individual. They get to pick their captain first.
Away team is given to the higher ranked individual.
Only the map selection is random.

2. Daisy does have a very good special. However Mario/Luigi's special can also be used for an instant goal, by simply chipping straight into the wall right next to the goalie and shooting. It does not even have to be charged! Super Mario is so tall he just hits the ball down over the goalie. Daisy is fast and does have a good slide, however she is a poor passer. If you use her it is important have at least two good passers on your team. Mario, or other balanced shooters have what she doesnt, a good shot. The game is very well rounded, EXCEPT for DK. DK is an amazing shooter, but what really makes him a pain his his slide. Throughout the entire duration of his slide (which is long), you can not touch him, or your guy gets knocked down. This ability alone makes up for his weak passing ability.

Zzz said:

1. Home team is given to the lower ranked individual. They get to pick their captain first.

i played my cousin earlier this evening. i was ranked 58, he was ranked two-thousand fifty something. i was still hometeam.

interesting... are you PAL or NTSC?

Here in North America, the higher ranked individual (more points) is away, always

Zzz said:
interesting... are you PAL or NTSC?

Here in North America, the higher ranked individual (more points) is away, always

hmm...no idea. lol. i just remember seeing that i was still the home team, which is what prompted me to ask the question. i live in guam--does that make me north america?

i could be wrong. with the way my memory is in the middle of a semester, who knows?

The person who drops into the field is the higher ranking

I always thought of the person who was already there as the home theam

Zzz said:

2. Daisy does have a very good special. However Mario/Luigi's special can also be used for an instant goal, by simply chipping straight into the wall right next to the goalie and shooting. It does not even have to be charged! Super Mario is so tall he just hits the ball down over the goalie. Daisy is fast and does have a good slide, however she is a poor passer. If you use her it is important have at least two good passers on your team. Mario, or other balanced shooters have what she doesnt, a good shot. The game is very well rounded, EXCEPT for DK. DK is an amazing shooter, but what really makes him a pain his his slide. Throughout the entire duration of his slide (which is long), you can not touch him, or your guy gets knocked down. This ability alone makes up for his weak passing ability.

sooo it's a peference

yea because that means I was sooo wrong.

Zzz said:
All your answers are incorrect. ... 2. Daisy does have a very good special. ... Daisy is fast and does have a good slide, however she is a poor passer.

Just because you think I'm wrong doesn't mean you're right Mr. Smartypants.

Crystal Smash is almost useless for setting up a decent Megastrike, unlike Bowser or Petey's special, although admittedly if you already have a highly charged ball it can practically guarantee one point.
I think I mentioned that Daisy is a poor passer.

Back