Offical Q & A Strikers

First time I've been in this section, i got the game now, is there any "Find a Match" - Canada? Unless Canadians go and ask in one of those sections....

Croswenthy said:
Does anyone know anything about balanced characters being able to 100% of the time shoot over the goalies head from about 2 steps from the half court line? My friend did that to me like 5 times with Luigi and it was the same animation as a Serve-it-in or a Playmaker (read: the goalie did nothing and it sails over his head.)

It sounds to me like he's doing a Serve-it-in, but since you mentioned it looks like one then that's not right. If the goalie's not falling backwards, then he's not using the Flob Lob, although it sounds like it.
He's using plain old lob shots, I think. There are certain spots in the game, most of which only a few yards from the goalie crease or the halfway mark, where a lob shot will be completely ignored by Kritter due to a glitch.
These spots are hard to find for each board and it takes alot of intense practice to get the feel for them right.
I do that alot of times on accident when I'm trying to use the lob shot to set up Daisy's Crystal Smash score.

divinogait said:
What Im trying to use now is boo, but cant use their tricks, cant find how to make it. any advice?

Well, Boo can do alot of tricks! If you mean his teleport attack, then it's important to remember to begin shooting the ball immediately after you teleport. You aren't really trying to teleport directly through him... in fact you can teleport parellel with the crease and still get the shot off most of the time. Practice makes perfect.

Slimi said:
First time I've been in this section, i got the game now, is there any "Find a Match" - Canada?

I think Canadians play with NTSC, so they can play with Americans, but I think some Canadian tried starting a FaM-Canada thread... should be around here somewhere.

Last edited:
Thanks BigORhyme, I wil try that.

I found a lot of videos on youtube, I learn more tricks for Waluigi, lol

I have another question

How you make a Lob Pass ?
In order to do the trick to "shoot" to the electric wall , charge the ball, and after that shoot ?

divinogait said:
I have another question

How you make a Lob Pass ?
In order to do the trick to "shoot" to the electric wall , charge the ball, and after that shoot ?

A lob pass is when you pass the ball to a teammate in the air, you do that by pressing Z + A. I think you're talking about a "chip" though, in which you do by just tapping Z (hold Z if you want to chip the ball further)

thanks cyanide, yesterday found how to do it, the bad thing is that i tried to practice on online game, 6-14 record , damn.!! lol

I just found the larger you press Z button the larger the ball goes, is that right?

Responding to BigO, they aren't lob shots, they're straight regular shots with a white ball. We finally figured it out though, it works like a playmaker, in that it's a set distance from the goalie, making it a bit difficult on wider fields. On Classic Fields, if you sit just about 4 yards after half field and shoot it with a slightly upward angle (balance characters are best for this,) it will go in almost 100 percent of the time, it just sails right over his head.

Balanced characters are underestimated tight shooters from quarterfield.

divinogait, it sounds like you're talking about a Belgian Waffle? Full-charge chipping the ball from the wall at about the goalie's crease, so that it rides the wall, turns the corner and comes down toward the goalie. You pass it off, the goalie hits you, and your reciever takes the shot into an open net.
Or are you talking about a Serve-it-up? Full-charge chipping the ball at an angle over the center of the wall above the goal, forcing Kritter to back up slowly so that you can beat him to the other corner and take the shot. Both beautiful moves. And yes, the longer you hold down the Z trigger the harder and higher you'll chip the ball. Most chip techniques call for a fully charged chip, but once you get used to the theory behind them and understand why they work you can use less charged chips from trickier angles.

Last edited:
I'd just like to voice my oppinion on when Balanced players shoot from the line. I hate it when you take a Balanced person like Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Shy Guy, and Koopa, and take a shot from center field or anywhere on the center line, and the ball goes too far up and strikes the electric fence above the net.
Does anyone have any idea why that happens?:shocked:

It's because those guys just aren't as good at shooting as the moles and Birdos and whathaveyou. You're firing from just a bit too far out for them. Try taking shots with Balanced players from closer to quarterfield.

I was going to respond to the balanced shooters question, but BigO already has, so I'll just go ahead and do one of these.

^^what he said.

Personally I want to have a balanced player to kick an one-timer, in my honest opinion; strong kickers suck.

unska said:
Personally I want to have a balanced player to kick an one-timer, in my honest opinion; strong kickers suck.
Not trying to put you down, i cant change what you think, but I find Hammo were he is a strong passer and shooter, he can pass very fast, making a GREAT scoring chance, when you do a lob pass with Dry Bones or somone with weak passing, the ball flys up into the air, letting any one to get it, not saying that Dry cant make a good play. Also when Hammo shoots from the corner middle of the field, if the ball is white, it will go in 90% of the time.

You're right flight, but Dry Bones should rarely be hooked up for one-timers in the first place. And actually, I prefer balanced guys to fire my one-timers, because strong shooters seem to pitch them right to Krunk most of the time. You're better off taking shots with good shooters while they're on the ground.

BigORhyme said:
You're right flight, but Dry Bones should rarely be hooked up for one-timers in the first place. And actually, I prefer balanced guys to fire my one-timers, because strong shooters seem to pitch them right to Krunk most of the time. You're better off taking shots with good shooters while they're on the ground.
I agree with that, unless you got a good chance to score, like if the goalie is way out of the net, well then unless your mentaly retarded, your going to shoot. LMAO

Back