Official Baseball Talk

Wouldn't worry too much S.S. your boys don't have anything to worry about, and IMO they are much better than the Indians.

Lol, yeah the only reason they lost is cuz I didn't wear my Angels cap to the Korean BBQ :lol:

Haha, seriously though, they just have to win one game out of the next nine to win their division, I'm just hoping for best overall goin into the playoffs. It's a close race...

Yea, best overall would be nice, but would you rather face the Red Sox or the Yankees in the first round of the playoffs? Neither is a pretty situation, the AL is stacked this year.

blueovalboy7 said:
Yea, best overall would be nice, but would you rather face the Red Sox or the Yankees in the first round of the playoffs? Neither is a pretty situation, the AL is stacked this year.
Hm, well we'll have have to face both of them anyways so I suppose it doesn't really matter which one is first...

Fair enough, damn Padres are going to play themselves out of the playoffs at this rate. Oh well maybe my other SD sports interest will be better today.

Predictions for the NL East anyone?? Phils or Mets. I'm hoping for NY, but I honestly think that the Phils will win the division. The Mets have so many blown saves lately, it's making me really mad.

manufan15 said:
Predictions for the NL East anyone?? Phils or Mets. I'm hoping for NY, but I honestly think that the Phils will win the division. The Mets have so many blown saves lately, it's making me really mad.
Predictions...sure why not.

Looking at both their schedules for the rest of the season, but also taking into account their recent play, I'm going to go with the Mets winning the division, and at this rate the Phillies winning the wild card, because my Padres are folding under the pressure. Can't be the Rockies even if their lives depended on it, then they go to play against the Brewers to finish off the season, I've lost faith in them.

blueovalboy7 said:
Predictions...sure why not.

Looking at both their schedules for the rest of the season, but also taking into account their recent play, I'm going to go with the Mets winning the division, and at this rate the Phillies winning the wild card, because my Padres are folding under the pressure. Can't be the Rockies even if their lives depended on it, then they go to play against the Brewers to finish off the season, I've lost faith in them.

The Padres will do it. Let's face it, the Phillies don't have a good track record when it comes to the end of the season chance. They always choke.

Mets will pull it off. I dont think they will play well this week. But they will win the games when phillies lose. So they will win the division. Cubs take Central. Arizona gets West, and not sure about the WC. Rockies are making a strong push..

Yanks ...1.5 back. GO YANKEES!!! Lets get Division!!

Big_League_Slugger said:
Arod to the Cubs. Reports are saying that they are discussing a HUGE deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=txyankeesrodriguez&prov=st&type=lgns

:scared:i thought he was going to the Fish and spike attendance:aureola:

its false. A-rod, and his agent Boras has said thats not true. A-rod said it was nonsense and Boras said he hasnt spoken to anyone. It cant be done anyways. MLB said a player cant play on a team and own some of the team.

Back