It will have my sponser in it

Sounds good, DP.
Cpt.McCloud said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cappin.png

and

tek.png

C&C this please my little dumpings!​
You're DEFINITELY getting better, Jam. I like the 1st one, however you need to work on the text. Too much negative space on the right side, it seems as if the effects flowing from the left just got cut off with a brush or something. Light source is good on the render, but it doesn't seem to take place throughout the rest of the sig.

2nd one: This one is pretty bizarre. Not my cup of tea, but I think it's a little too basic for you.

Haha, nice, Prinny.

*EDIT*

Latest, for SOTW.

IncubusBass_.png

Last edited:
ssbb_lover said:
Haha, nice, Prinny.

*EDIT*

Latest, for SOTW.

IncubusBass_.png

Border is odd looking. Background is meh. Maybe show the direction of the flow with c4ds or pen-tool ? Yellow light source :sick: [death]

Cpt.McCloud said:

cappin.png

I kinda like this one, the effects and swirls are nicely done. It also has a nice balance between the light & dark areas, but it's just too monochromatic for my tastes. You should try experimenting with Gradient Maps (If you're using Photoshop), get a nice mixture of colors in there that blend well with each other. The text is alright, but I don't fancy Italics too much in many sigs, and it's placement helps distract from the entire flow of the rest of the sig. Change the location of the text (perhaps somewhere closer to the render), and lower the opacity of it a little bit, you can also try rotating it to match the direction of the background effects..

Gikoku said:
I kinda like this one, the effects and swirls are nicely done. It also has a nice balance between the light & dark areas, but it's just too monochromatic for my tastes. You should try experimenting with Gradient Maps (If you're using Photoshop), get a nice mixture of colors in there that blend well with each other. The text is alright, but I don't fancy Italics too much in many sigs, and it's placement helps distract from the entire flow of the rest of the sig. Change the location of the text (perhaps somewhere closer to the render), and lower the opacity of it a little bit, you can also try rotating it to match the direction of the background effects..

I agree, and I would work on lighting, and on PS, even though your a GIMPer, not sure if you can burn or dodge, but it would improve your works greatly. :)

New experiment (made using 4 different stocks, 2 different c4ds, and of course that render...also my second semi-LP) -

sig245.png

Sneaux125 said:
New experiment (made using 4 different stocks, 2 different c4ds, and of course that render...also my second semi-LP) -

sig245.png

Lol, Rachet looks pasted in, maybe some more blending with him, i'm not sure.

Newest XD:

yeahpngjh1.png

gearsofwar.gif

lmao my 1st sig
1st day i got photoshop
just playin around
i showed my brother he's like "WHOA....HOWS IT BLINKING!!!!" lol
yeah...:lol:

woot
just made this a few minutes ago
barbz911.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of double posting just use the edit button. I'll critique the work after...

1. Download more fonts at www.dafont.com

2. Try to blend in your renders by messing around with various effects.

3. If you find that the render that you'd like to use isn't blending in so well just copy that image layer, go filter sharpen > sharpen and then set the layer on overlay and change the opacity if needed.

4. Try using renders from www.planetrenders.net

5. If you're going to use other images in the signature as well, try to make it so that they blend in with the rest of it.

6. Check out the "Design Lounge Library" for links to various user made tutorials here at WiiChat. Also try checking out ssbb_lover's humongous gfx thread.

Last edited:
Cpt.McCloud said:

cappin.png

and

tek.png

I am just going to repeat what Tyler already mentioned, but you have really improved and you are continuing to do so with every piece. I prefer the first piece over the second and agree with Tyler about the fact that the piece will look a lot better if that negative space on the right was filled with some sort of an effect or C4D.
Overall, nicely done. :)

Syntax said:
Instead of double posting just use the edit button. I'll critique the work after...

1. Download more fonts at www.dafont.com

2. Try to blend in your renders by messing around with various effects.

3. If you find that the render that you'd like to use isn't blending in so well just copy that image layer, go filter sharpen > sharpen and then set the layer on overlay and change the opacity if needed.

4. Try using renders from www.planetrenders.net

5. If you're going to use other images in the signature as well, try to make it so that they blend in with the rest of it.

6. Check out the "Design Lounge Library" for links to various user made tutorials here at WiiChat. Also try checking out ssbb_lover's humongous gfx thread.
thanks syntax!!
im still a noob at photoshop and need to work on it
im going to be reading/watching tutorials alot of today =]

Back