Official Graphics Comments & Criticism

Celestial said:
I must have done something wrong before, because the picture is starting to show up on theirs when they smudge it, mine just colours over it.
When things like that happen check the tutorial from the start and go through each step on your sig. You might find you missed a step or did it slightly wrong.

Dang! my first post in this thread! I was in the other one the whole time. I won't make you taste your lunch again by posting my past "works". I will post this though:
glasssigexample.jpg

and ask how, when I angle the white gradient over, can I not get the jaggies that are in my current sig?

Edit: hahaha, here's something I THREW together. I was mostly testing fraps and a .mov converter. Don't bash the bg.... I couldn't get it to look right inside the glass thingy.

Edit2: Nope, haven't gotten over the glassy effect yet.

Here's some things I've been screwing around with.
test1.png

test.png

fofanime.gif

Last edited:
Brawny said:
Dang! my first post in this thread! I was in the other one the whole time. I won't make you taste your lunch again by posting my past "works". I will post this though:
glasssigexample.jpg

and ask how, when I angle the white gradient over, can I not get the jaggies that are in my current sig?

Edit: hahaha, here's something I THREW together. I was mostly testing fraps and a .mov converter. Don't bash the bg.... I couldn't get it to look right inside the glass thingy.

fofanime.gif
Umm...use the magic eraser tool to erase the black edges?? Or you can use the polygon lasso tool to section of the black and then brush with the background eraser tool...(the sectioning off part is just so you don't erase the other parts of your sig that you don't want erased).

I don't know, do those not work?

*EDIT*

About your second edit...the text is very hard to read. :/ But they both still look cool, I like the 2nd one better. Once again, I don't know much about the glassy effect so can't really criticize you/give you advice.

I saved as a jpg (as i mentioned). It doesn't preserve transparency. (yay, I taught you something new)

How bout the animation? lol

Edit: I'm kinda drawn to the second one as well.

Brawny said:
I saved as a jpg (as i mentioned). It doesn't preserve transparency. (yay, I taught you something new)
:shifty:
Brawny said:
How bout the animation? lol

Edit: I'm kinda drawn to the second one as well.
What animation? The vid you mean?

Of course you're drawn to the 2nd one, it's so damn spiffy! :cool:

Brawny said:
yeah, the FoF (Guitar Hero-esque) one.
Ahh yes, that's what is, isn't it? :/

It's cool...very simple, but yes. Cool. If you're going to start doing vid sigs (which I hate...) you'll need to learn out to blend them in and do special things with them instead of just making it a box. :/

My newest photo manip. I had to make the size kind of awkward to fit the whole body. Got the stock from a screenshot from the game B-Boy (not out in US but it is in Europe and Australia). Ratings/comments please:
bboyay7.png

There's a thin white boarder on either side (thinner on left than on right), but it's just not visible with this forum's background. If you want to see it, look here:
http://www.gamerenders.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=325988

I like it, KC. Though I can't imagine how interesting a game called B-Boy could possibly be, the sig demonstrates a very good use of both the pen tool and a c4d.
Great joarb, Homesar.

KCBlack said:
My newest photo manip. I had to make the size kind of awkward to fit the whole body. Got the stock from a screenshot from the game B-Boy (not out in US but it is in Europe and Australia). Ratings/comments please:
bboyay7.png

There's a thin white boarder on either side (thinner on left than on right), but it's just not visible with this forum's background. If you want to see it, look here:
http://www.gamerenders.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=325988

There's a game called B-Boy!? OMGOSH.. so kool.. xD

nice sig btw.

Back