Official 'I got a Wii' thread

I got one yesterday at Wal-Mart on Edinburgh and Roe Aves in Gander. There are 3 left, so if anyone in Newfoundland wants one... go quick. ebGames on Edinburgh & Roe is out of stock of Wiis and Wiimotes.

I GOT MY WII today!!!! It came in the mail, i got tiger woods with it and an SD card :) I got it off Ebay SO HAPPY!!!!!!:smilewinkgrin:

Howdy Folks!

The wifey has been jonzin' for a WII (the BIL brings his over, and we've had a blast) so I've been keeping an eye out for one at MSRP through normal retail channels.

Finally scored one today from circuitcity.com - they had a "bundle" (I've also been anti-bundle, aka I-don't-want-all-this-extra-stuff) but it was pretty streamlined:

- WII
- Extra Remote
- Extra 'Chuck
- One game of your choice (we scored MP8 which we always have a blast playing).

(I'll borrow Zelda and/or Paper Mario from the BIL :D )

I figured MP has incredible replay value so it's a good keeper - no extra BS and whatnot, plus free shipping (everything at regular retail).

For fun I checked my other normal stops and I didn't see any others in stock - the CC stock ran out about an hour later when I checked.

Then I order from an online vendor were we buy our blank media (killer prices):

- 2GB SD card (high speed PQi - they work outstanding in cameras)

- Component cable (generic, hopefully it'll be fine)

- A pretty nice controller charger system that has 2 NiMH batteries, special battery covers (with rubberized grips) and a charging station. Nothing is worse than running out of batteries and not having any AA's around!

The SD, Cable and charger were only ~$55 (more free shipping and no tax) so it was a pretty cost effective accessory raid!

I've been back and forth with getting a PS3 and/or X360 but having played all three, the WII is always alot more fun for everyone. We don't have that much buffer time for games, but I figure with MP8, Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Zelda, maybe Metroid, we'll be busy for, well at the rate we play, probably the next year :lol:

Cheers!

DT

Mine arrived this morning, ordered last week from Virgin Megasores, although when I went to a store last weekend they had them in stock but I waited rather than cancelling the order.
Bought it with a Virgin credit card so got 10% off everything

got one on friday finally. wasn't on here to post it because I was too busy playing it, and the family stuff on labor day weekend

Just had the extra Remote/Chuck and MP8 show today - pretty quick since we just ordered on Thu (8/30). Keeping in mind Monday was a holiday!

The Wii itself is in ATL, so it should be here tomorrow or by the latest Thu. Real happy with the CC experience so far: free shipping @ MSRP and the "bundle" was perfect.

~DT

Wow

Got my Wii on first day...I sure hope Some people think like me...(at ILM nod)...can any one say Light(wiimote)saber...jedi Balance(Board)???? :smilewinkgrin: rumormill calls it "The Force Unleashed"

and has one over 18 got a Wii for Free???

peace

I just got a Wii after playing it once.
I have just Sport & Play, although I am thinking of getting Paper Mario and maybe Medal od Honor 2.

Loving the Wii so far! Only problem is, I left it at my buddy's house, and he is getting way better than I am since I have a job and he doesn't! lucky guy gets to play all day!!

Back