Official Tennis Thread

ssbb_lover

Novocain Stain'd
Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
This thread is probably going to crash and burn, but I thought I'd give it a try!

I guess i'll start. My favorite player is Roddick (#3 in the world),
roddick_tongue_1.jpg

hoping he'll make a come-back! My most hated player is FEDERER, the number one player in the world. He's gotten so cocky lately after being on top for so long, i'm praying this will be his downfall year! :devil: I like Nadal (#2), he's got tons of energy and never gives up.

My 2 favorite up-and-comers on the men's side are Andy Murray and Djokovic. Let's hope they start kicking some major ass in the next few months.

Now for the WTA....so many hot players...I mean good! They're good! Amazing...ya, they're amazing...Uhh, hehe, anyways. Maria Sharapova is of course my favorite (who's isn't she?); here's her pic:
maria-sharapova-nike-shirt.jpg

Ya....but that's not why I like her! Well, not the whole reason. She's an aggressive, power player and she's #1 in the world to boot! Woot! :lol:

Hopin' this will be Serena Williams' come back year! (she dominated women's tennis for a long time, and she started slipping about 4 years ago. She's already won one of the biggest tournaments of the year...and she's still kickin ass!

My favorite 2 up and comers are Shahar Pe'er and Vaidisova. Shahar Pe'er mainly, especially because she's from Israel which is very unusual, never seen a tennis player from over there; plus her style of game is amazing.

Here's to all things tennis! Cheers! *hoping this thread lives*

i kinda like tennis, i always root for roddick cause he's american, and i was so happy when federer lost twice in a row. but my main interest is WTA. you know why. sharapova is my fav. just wish they played longer....

FWELR said:
i kinda like tennis, i always root for roddick cause he's american, and i was so happy when federer lost twice in a row. but my main interest is WTA. you know why. sharapova is my fav. just wish they played longer....
Awesome, a tennis liker. :D

Roddick is my favorite because he's a hothead american, same reason as you. :lol:

Federer losing twice in a row was an answer to my prayers!

What do you mean by play longer? Tennis is all year long. If you have HDTV there's a channel called "The Tennis Channel" that shows tournaments that ESPN and the other networks don't (my favorite channel on TV).

no, no, the women to play longer than best of 3, wish they extended it to best of 5 like the men. for obvious reasons.

FWELR said:
no, no, the women to play longer than best of 3, wish they extended it to best of 5 like the men. for obvious reasons.
LMAO! You dirty, dirty....ok, we're both dirty, dirty men. :lol:

That would be great, but almost all female players, when asked this question, have been recorded saying that they would need a stretcher and a hospital vehicle outside the stadium, because they wouldn't be able to stand it. They all say it'd be too much for them.

Disappointing for us I guess...one more pic. :)
maria-sharapova-2007-calendar-4.jpg

K, i'm done. :ihih:

*withered little voice shouts out in the background* "Go Tim Henman"

I've never been into tennis because the country never get worked up about it, so I have no time to watch it. But, hundreds of people think Tim Henman will win Wimbledon every time it comes around and pay to watch him. Face it people it's not happening.

I actually had federer, i've always hated him. He's probably the only tennis player who actually dominated for 3 years+. Roddick all the way =D.

~Rival

Frogger said:
*withered little voice shouts out in the background* "Go Tim Henman"

I've never been into tennis because the country never get worked up about it, so I have no time to watch it. But, hundreds of people think Tim Henman will win Wimbledon every time it comes around and pay to watch him. Face it people it's not happening.
Ha, finally someone in the UK who can be real about this issue. If anyone from over there, it's going to be Murray. :) I think it'd be awesome if he did it, too.

see now you guys have gone too far, i only know of roddick, federer, sharapova, and the williams sisters. whoever those brits are, i don't know them.

FWELR said:
see now you guys have gone too far, i only know of roddick, federer, sharapova, and the williams sisters. whoever those brits are, i don't know them.
Lol, 'Murray' into g00gle. He the only Brit around that beats people down. He beat Roddick. (not sure to put a smiley or a sad face...:lol: )

See. No one even knows who Henman is.

My grandad runs to me at Wimbledon every time shouting "I JUST WON 60 QUID" betting against Henman.

Frogger said:
See. No one even knows who Henman is.

My grandad runs to me at Wimbledon every time shouting "I JUST WON 60 QUID" betting against Henman.
LMAO! He's a wiseman, your grandaddy. :lol:

Hey, cool thread, I love tennis, especially singles. I'm best at forehand+backspin/overspin. I'm decent at serving and backhand. My favorite player is Roger Federer, Roddick is a sour puss.

FR. said:
Hey, cool thread, I love tennis, especially singles. I'm best at forehand+backspin/overspin. I'm decent at serving and backhand.
This is where I love you. :)
FR. said:
My favorite player is Roger Federer, Roddick is a sour puss.
This is where I hate you. :lol:

The thing I hate about Roddick is his predictability with his shots! 5 secs before he hits the ball I know where it's going! I don't like Roger Federer anymore, I used to have respect for him, but now he's WAY TOO COCKY. He's ridiculously pompous.

Like I said, I used to have respect for him.

I like the new guy Djokovich whos only 19 and won the Sony Ericsson open this year that kid gots game. this is pretty cool how you made this thread

Back