officially lost interest in wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
I totally lost interest after last weekend still not finding one. Friend called me today and said they saw a couple at walmart and I didn't even feel like calling or attempting to spend 15 minutes to go look.

Ridiculous that in march I have to rush to a store and try to fight for the last one.. I am surely not going to stand outside in the cold for an hour before a store opens 4 months after a console has been released to get one. Just simply don't care anymore, the hype is over and still no stock. Oh well.

If I see one at this point I'm not even bothering. Just lost interest in it all together. Probally for the best, don't need to waste more time than I already do :)

You can walk into "GAME" and pick one up in the UK? (at least in my area)..

And the wii is awesome. Buy one online or something? Or pre-order one for the next time they come into store?

kev said:
I totally lost interest after last weekend still not finding one. Friend called me today and said they saw a couple at walmart and I didn't even feel like calling or attempting to spend 15 minutes to go look.

Ridiculous that in march I have to rush to a store and try to fight for the last one.. I am surely not going to stand outside in the cold for an hour before a store opens 4 months after a console has been released to get one. Just simply don't care anymore, the hype is over and still no stock. Oh well.

If I see one at this point I'm not even bothering. Just lost interest in it all together. Probally for the best, don't need to waste more time than I already do :)

hey look at me everybody.i'm sooooo fed up and lost interest that i've logged onto a Wii forum to post.... why bother? why not just get a life.

wow, aren't you just a bitter little ass online, huh?

maybe i logged in because i used this to try and find one and i just finally gave up? i'll go get a life in line for a wii. gotta love attitude on forum. ha.

dude don't give up. it took me 3 months to track one down, but it was TOTALLY worth it. the Wii is the best system I own in terms of playability. And i have all of them (except Gigantor the space age robot a.k.a. PS3). The scarcity of the Wii is just a testament to how fun and popular it is, if you keep at it, you'll land one and probably never put it down again. I know I haven't.

kev said:

I would just wait a month or two they will be soo easy to get by then(eb games dude told me)...thats what i'm doing!

Ha funny! All these people still looking for a Wii for 3 months now! And I got it on launch, #6 seat in line!

kev said:

Quit your b*tching. If you really wanted one so badly you would have bought one on eBay or something and gave the scaplers your money. Or you would have waited in line in the freezing cold like many of us did. But w/e the point is you don't have it. And you randomly created a profile to complain about it evn though you claim you "lost interest" in the Wii...:eek:ut: ! And oh yeah how is the "hype over" if you still can't get one all these months later? Lets examine that statement really quick...

Bottom line is that its a great system as evidenced by the millions who have already purchased one and I think if you manage to get one you'll enjoy it. But then again if you're lazy and want the "easy" way out then you can pick up a PS3...those are lying all over the place. I tripped over one at Walmart the other day...the Electronics guy asked me if I wanted to buy it with this hopeful/eager smile on his face and I was like, "Hell to that naw". Then he became depressed and put it back up on the other 10 or so PS3's in the area. Of course there were no Wii's available. Only that movie station they have setup it seems everywhere.

Dude, here is what I did. I went into my local Gamestop and asked if I could put a deposit down on a Wii. The lady said no, but gave me her business card and said to call her everyday around 1PM to see if they got a shipment in and if they did, she would hold one for me for an hour to allow me to go and pay for it. It is worth a shot, and this way you are only calling one store, once a day. It took me only five days and bingo, I got one, and this is in a small town of only 50K people.

Joshieca said:
Dude, here is what I did. I went into my local Gamestop and asked if I could put a deposit down on a Wii. The lady said no, but gave me her business card and said to call her everyday around 1PM to see if they got a shipment in and if they did, she would hold one for me for an hour to allow me to go and pay for it. It is worth a shot, and this way you are only calling one store, once a day. It took me only five days and bingo, I got one, and this is in a small town of only 50K people.

But that would actually take effort..

Good for you.

Can't you just ask them to reserve you a console or hell get one online for just a little more than it costs?

Sorry, you're weak sauce.

BTW I got mine on launch day, only waited for about an hour.

The key is to keep calling places and when you do hear about them having them, go early in the morning. getting my Wii was purely luck, went to my local target first at like 5AM and their was a line out their already so then i went down the road to toy'r'us and some people were waiting but they weren't sure if any were their.

in this situation had i left, i would of missed out on getting a Wii around 7 AM, so glad that i ended up waiting.

Hhahah, I found out that there were some Wii's one Sunday and my bro was like you wanna buy some Wiis and I was like hell yes! According to what yahoo.com said about the Wiis and PS3s, March should be the last month of misery for the Wii and PS3 so you will be able to get one.

MasterJedi2U said:
Quit your b*tching. If you really wanted one so badly you would have bought one on eBay or something and gave the scaplers your money. Or you would have waited in line in the freezing cold like many of us did. But w/e the point is you don't have it. And you randomly created a profile to complain about it evn though you claim you "lost interest" in the Wii...:eek:ut: ! And oh yeah how is the "hype over" if you still can't get one all these months later? Lets examine that statement really quick...

Bottom line is that its a great system as evidenced by the millions who have already purchased one and I think if you manage to get one you'll enjoy it. But then again if you're lazy and want the "easy" way out then you can pick up a PS3...those are lying all over the place. I tripped over one at Walmart the other day...the Electronics guy asked me if I wanted to buy it with this hopeful/eager smile on his face and I was like, "Hell to that naw". Then he became depressed and put it back up on the other 10 or so PS3's in the area. Of course there were no Wii's available. Only that movie station they have setup it seems everywhere.

Yeah man, thats true! Go buy it on ebay if you cant find one or wait outside like the rest of for hours for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back