officially lost interest in wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to turn the other cheek

captainff said:
hey look at me everybody.i'm sooooo fed up and lost interest that i've logged onto a Wii forum to post.... why bother? why not just get a life.

You might want to go find a mirror and take a good long look.

And for the person below who states "why don't you quit your b!tching", why don't you show a little respect and try the following advice on for size...

If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your trap shut and don't say anything at all.

I can't believe the way some of you people treat the lesser knowledgeable and appreciably more frustrated people who (at least initially) come here looking for advice or moral support.

* don't bother flaming me. I doubt I'll be back after witnessing some of you treat fellow gaming enthusiasts like you have. *

spicka said:
if you lost intrest who cares, post your crap somewhere else!

God help us if you ever get to be a moderator on this board. I hope the person who runs this site is reading this thread. I'm sure he's just thrilled to see you guy's stomping on the heads of the people still having difficulty finding a stupid gaming console.

It's one thing to be frustrated and I hardly took issue with the original vent given at the top of this thread, but again some of the responses here are just absolutely amazing.

:rolleyes:

you are makin a very big mistake, trust me if you get one you will keep playin it due to the amount of fun. The reason it is hard to get one is to show how good it is.

Chewie said:
God help us if you ever get to be a moderator on this board. I hope the person who runs this site is reading this thread. I'm sure he's just thrilled to see you guy's stomping on the heads of the people still having difficulty finding a stupid gaming console.

It's one thing to be frustrated and I hardly took issue with the original vent given at the top of this thread, but again some of the responses here are just absolutely amazing.

:rolleyes:

Cry me a f*cking river...:wink:

MasterJedi2U said:
Cry me a f*cking river...:wink:

My point exactly. Very mature and incredibly welcoming btw.

I'd like to point out the following items from the FAQ, since I'm in the process of being flamed and berated by MasterJedi2U both publicly (this thread) and privately (via PM), not the the least of which is his swearing and his continuous use of the word *retard*, which I find incredibly offensive as the father of a developmentally disabled child. Thanks again for your maturity and diplomacy.

My original point in this thread focused on these very items I've included below, which I'll admit, I have begun to take some issue with. Specifically, I took issue with them because of the way I see some of the less knowledgeable people being mistreated and berated by others who consider themselves to be somehow better than others thereby justify name calling and swearing. I find this behavior to be a blight on the whole community.

From the Wiichat.com Forum FAQ: http://www.wiichat.com/faq.php?faq=faq_policies#faq_new_faq_item
1. Be Welcoming!
When newcomers arrive, welcome them to our growing community. Many of our community's senior members are a wealth of knowledge and have much to share. Help new members learn about how to find information and resources, save time, and how to get involved in the Community.

2. Be Courteous!
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

3. No Flaming
Flaming is defined as personal attacks or insults on another person regarding the persons religion/views/knowledge etc. Though we encourage healthy discussion and debate, a certain point comes in which an insult turns personal, and this is strongly discouraged via both public forums and the messenger. Reports of such abuse will usually result in a warning; multiple abuses will result in a Ban.

6. Be Appropriate!
There may be places where explicit, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is appropriate however WiiChat.com is not one of them. Discussion forum posts that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar language will be removed. Similarly, discussion forum posts that solicit or offer explicit or X-rated GIFs, JPEGs or similar content files will be deleted without notice!

16. No Abuse of PM
Private Messaging is provided to the members of WiiChat.com as a service intended to enhance the Community experience. The purpose of private messaging is to allow for discreet conversations to take place between members. This privilege is not to be abused! Solicitation, spamming, or harassment of any kind is strictly forbidden. Any member receiving an inappropriate private message should forward that message to an Administrator or Moderator right away. Although private messages are normally only accessible by those who send and receive them, they are part of the database and as such, property of WiiChat.com. An Administrator, if so inclined, could locate the Private Messages in the database and read them. They are private, but not necessarily secret. In addition, Private Messages are not intended to deprive the Community of valuable information or experiences which could benefit the entire group. Please do not use private messages if the content of the message can be helpful to others.

Last edited:
Joe said:
Ha funny! All these people still looking for a Wii for 3 months now! And I got it on launch, #6 seat in line!

Good huh? I was 7th lol...

Dude don't give up. Only reason why theres still lines is because it's KING!

Wait until they on the shelfs then go. Until then I suggest leaving it. After a couple of month your hype will return.... Trust me

captainff said:
hey look at me everybody.i'm sooooo fed up and lost interest that i've logged onto a Wii forum to post.... why bother? why not just get a life.
wow you're an asshole...

Pay absolutely no mind to MasterJedi2U...his continuous desperate attempts at feelings superior and speaking down to people have been going on for some time now and I'm sure won't cease any time soon. "cry me a river' ...way to quote that watered down fools song name you basket of fruit. He proceeded to send me a p.m. letting me know he didn't appreciate my reprimanding of his needless and displaced energy towards people merely seeking knowledge via this forum. Once again Jedi, your laughable actions have caused numerous people to comment..
Once again , consider the source.

Isuggest ebay, but be carefull many of my friends bought theirs on ebay, Me a die hard nintendo fan about it on opening day. You have no idea, but wii is the winner of the console war. The console is in extreamly high demand, don't expect to waltz into a massive brand name store like walmart and expect to see one sitting on a shelf with your name on it.

www.ebay.com

-EB games might have some.

hey, i didn't have any trouble getting one....i thought Best buy was gonna open at 11 so i was gonna wait outside when i got there at 10:30 but it had already opened at 10 so i didn't think there was any left, but when i walked over to the game section there was still 5 laying on the ground and people were just walking by, and i was still in a little shock that there was still some there and i thought it was a little too easy i was gonna ask the worker about it but he was talking to some people that didn't know anything about it but my mom came by and said to just pick it up, so i did and walked over and picked up a Twilight princess.....(most money i ever spent on 2 things) ........ we even called all of the stores and they all said SOLD OUT but QJ.NET said they will have them...................by the way Best Buy was the ONLY store that i WENT to and i got it

I was able to walk in and get one from a big shipment at TRU 5 days after launch. God, I'm lucky I never had to wait this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back