Ok, I played Simpsons on wii...

KyleForMe

Don't believe his lies.
Dec 13, 2006
IL, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Wii Online Code
5710-8093-1849-3803
I know, I know, I was the one that kept asking. But I was able to snag a copy from Family Video to rent and here are my impressions after an hour of play.

Dissapointing compared to the 360 Demo. The graphics are very different. The wii versions looks about the same quality as most of the more recent PS2 games i have played. I would have thought they could have accomplished much better. The controls make no usage of the ir, only a few motion actions. For example, to burp (an attack) with homer, you must shake both controllers at once.

The controls are: Z-target, C-change char, B-attack, A-jump/action, Minus-change(homer), Directional pad-camera adjustment.

Basically it would have felt more comfortable on a gc controller, but just IMO.

Also, in terms of the motion controls, they dont seem to be mapped very well. While trying to bounce with homer in ball form, it kept trigger a different action... frustrating.

The game seems to still be worth while, but if your basing your decision off of the 360/ps3 version, please think twice. Think of this game as a PS2 port to wii, cause thats the way its looking so far (completed 3 levels).

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

its still fun right? is it better than hit & run? i dont really care too much about the graphics. was the gameplay good. was it funny? does it have a good story so far. and i really want to know how you got the game before it came out? it comes out on november 1st.

So sick of these crappy PS2 ports. If I wanted a PS2 I would by one!!!!!!!!!

Actually the game shipped October 30th. Lazy stores like Bestbuy just wont shelve it as they get it. My local Gamestop had it in when I called, but fortunately so did my local family video (they hadn't shelved it yet the guy told me though).

So anyway, yes it is still fun... but I had previously played the 360 demo which aside from its camera issues was great. The graphics they used take a "3d" based game and render it as "2d" so it looks like your watching an episode. The graphics were impressive on 360... so what I expected was good graphics not rendered into "2d" as they call it. In other words, like Simpsons hit and run but crisper and refined. However its a dissapointment as it resembles the quality of Hit and run on my xbox. I am playing on an EDTV 32 toshiba tube tv with component cables, and the detail looks awful (especially since the levels have the traditional cartoon emptyness). I can't imagine how it looks on a 50+ inch tv.

Also, they levels are very restrictive. Free roaming is not a part of any of the levels I've played so far. Ex: in the logging forest level, you see open areas among trees, and if you try to walk into them you run into invisible walls. They aren't deep in the first place, and probably would have been an easy inclusion. Yes, yes this is just being picky by many peoples standards, but it reflects the lack of refinement i have been seeing so far.

All I am saying is, if you were expecting a element of free-roaming and decent graphics, you be dissapointed. Its more like a modern day rendition of the original simpsons arcade game (which still looks more convincing as a cartoon game).

Ill post more later

thanks fior the user review, ill keep it in mind

Back