OK, I'm actually asking for help... this doesn't happen often

zeus

Not that Great
Jan 10, 2007
Hi Gurus,

OK, I'm struggling a bit with the tennis. I canot seem to control the direction of my volly shots up at the net.

Any tips? Timing the shot doesn't seem to help when you're at the net.

Thanks

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I've found this to be a little inaccurate also - sometimes they they hit the side you want them to, other times they slice off wide.

I think it factors into how early or late you return the volley and the speed. But like i say im not sure if hitting left or right really makes a difference.

Thanks

Thanks for that, good to see I'm not the only one.

OK, its back to good ol' persistence i think!!!

Cheers,

took me a while to work out but yer its all timing and how fast you swing the remote, hit it whne the shadow hits you to go straight, when its between 2mm ans a cm before you to angle left (1cm will put it on the line) and the same but after it passes you for right.

*measurements approx, will vary with your tv.

btw i have a platinum in the first 2 tennis challenges

zeus said:
Any tips? Timing the shot doesn't seem to help when you're at the net.
It's really all about timing and the position you are relative to the ball. In general, hitting earlier (ie when the ball is in front of you) will make the ball move cross-court and has little room for error. On the other hand, hitting later (ie when the ball has passed you a tiny bit) angles the ball in the other direction and is generally harder to pull off and has a little more room for error than hitting early.

Back