Online Access Works, But Can't Go Onto Shop Channel

Scurzuzu

All Purpose Fancypants
Nov 22, 2006
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Wii Online Code
7958-2572-5656-6319
I was able to access the Shop Channel earlier this week, now I can't. Is anyone else having this problem?

Tue/Wed/Thu, I had no problem going onto the Shop Channel. I even bought a couple of games. Yesterday and today, it just says "Connecting" forever and I have to UNPLUG the Wii to get out of it--the buttons on the console won't work.

I've already set up my connection correctly (obviously, or I wouldn't have been able to buy Virtual Console games earlier this week). I've successfully upgraded the console. I've set up friends and traded messages and Miis. I've even sent test emails to my mii.com address and it works fine. But no Shop Channel.

Anyone else having this problem? Are Nintendo's servers down?

Go into your Wii settings and do a connection test. After that try the shop channel again. This should solve your problem.

Here's what happened. You must of turn off (unplug) either the Wii or your Wireless network. By doing so, the wii loses connection and still thinks it's connected via the same IP address which is different now because there is a new connection. By doing the connection test it resets the connection on the Wii which will get a new IP address which solves the connection problem. Hopefully nintendo will patch this and make the Wii reset the connection when it knows it has been unplug.

Back