online play

paintba||er said:
Yes, the Wii has built in WiFi...

so u can play without the nintendo wifi

Using a wireless router is the Nintendo's preferred method for getting connected to the internet. The USB WiFi adapter has been discontinued.

Skippy said:
Using a wireless router is the Nintendo's preferred method for getting connected to the internet. The USB WiFi adapter has been discontinued.

i dont care about the internet
just online gaming without the wifi

I've got an even more basic question. My wife says they're setting my my 6-year old's Wii and she thinks that we need a wireless Internet connection to make it work. I figure that may be true for on-line multiplayer gaming, but can't we at least start using the Wii on a 'standalone' basis, playing single player games?

you dont need an internet connection. you only need that for online playing, internet and downloading some of the extra channels

ckit said:
i dont care about the internet
just online gaming without the wifi

Online gaming is done over the internet. The Wii has built in WiFi as the recommended way to connect to the internet (for any reason - gaming, web browsing, Shopping Channel, etc.)
If you don't have a wifi router or adapter, you can get the LAN adapter which lets you connect an ethernet cable to your Wii.

i use wireless and dont be cheap spend an extra 30 dollars for a lan adaptor at best buy :wink:

Back