Owen Wilson hospitalised after 'suicide attempt'

milliways said:
Last time I checked, suicide has existed since before emoes... plus his hair is too lovely to be emo -_-

Quote of the week.

This is sad, it must be done to Kate Hudson, but must be other things aswell.

I seriously think that this guy is an excellent actor. I am seriously saddened to hear that he is suffering from some form of depression. Thanks for the update Rach.

what a dickhead, he's rich, famous and probly gets more women than he knows wat to do with, yet he still finds something to complain about!

Okay, firstly, committing suicide or attempting to do so doesn't make someone emo.

"...if I had a nose like that I would too =/"

Not funny.

Ness -
This brings us back to the age-old debate: Does money equal happiness?

In this case, obviously not.

Money is a funny thing.

Not enough of it sucks.

Too much of it leads to other problems.

I prefer to remain in the middle.

AndThen? said:
Okay, firstly, committing suicide or attempting to do so doesn't make someone emo.

"...if I had a nose like that I would too =/"

Not funny.

Ness -
This brings us back to the age-old debate: Does money equal happiness?

In this case, obviously not.

true, true. but killing yourself? or at least attempting to do so...i never been 'depressed' or anything, but it all seems so stupid to me, how could anyone just wanna throw theirs lives away, money or no money, its simply idiotic.

why commit suicide when you have all kind of money and so many woman want you. he needs to give me the money first if he's goin to do that lmao but he's a jokey dude but he just had a dumb moment

hotpotato78 said:
why commit suicide when you have all kind of money and so many woman want you. he needs to give me the money first if he's goin to do that lmao but he's a jokey dude but he just had a dumb moment

What the feck?

Money can't buy happiness, yes some women want him but have you ever lost the person you love the most?

A dumb moment...:wtf:

This is gonna mean tropic thunder is going to be delayed:(

Ness - you obviously don't know anything about depression.

Depression can be caused at any time. It's unclear as to why all depression happens, and it's also unclear the cause of it.

Sometimes mental illnesses (or susceptability to them) is a genetic factor. Sometimes it seems a bit of both, with an event sparking mental illnesses off (but there needed to be a level of susceptability to begin with).

Other theories may indicate a lack of specific hormones such as endorphins, but whether this is a cause or effect is still not fully understood.

In essence, people don't choose to be depressed. Why would anyone ever choose it if they could? As such, it's something that has happened to him, and isn't neutralised by money or sexual prowess.

Once again, I hope he makes a full recovery.

Squall7 said:
Ness - you obviously don't know anything about depression.

Depression can be caused at any time. It's unclear as to why all depression happens, and it's also unclear the cause of it.

Sometimes mental illnesses (or susceptability to them) is a genetic factor. Sometimes it seems a bit of both, with an event sparking mental illnesses off (but there needed to be a level of susceptability to begin with).

Other theories may indicate a lack of specific hormones such as endorphins, but whether this is a cause or effect is still not fully understood.

In essence, people don't choose to be depressed. Why would anyone ever choose it if they could? As such, it's something that has happened to him, and isn't neutralised by money or sexual prowess.

Once again, I hope he makes a full recovery.

Someone is bound to reply saying emo's choose to be depressed:scared:

But your right, it is unclear and something must of happaned to him recently, the only things we have knowledge on of recent is his split with his lover.

I hope he recovers soon, apparently he is doing well.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Someone is bound to reply saying emo's choose to be depressed:scared:
Bah! Everybody knows that Emos don't choose to be depressed. They only act that way because they think it's cool. Just wait till an Emo goes around the corner, when they think nobody is looking, they'll jump for joy in secret!

But your right, it is unclear and something must of happaned to him recently, the only things we have knowledge on of recent is his split with his lover.
How long ago was that? It's possible that the break up is the reason.

...Though any number of things could be the cause and we may never know...

Squall7 said:
Bah! Everybody knows that Emos don't choose to be depressed. They only act that way because they think it's cool. Just wait till an Emo goes around the corner, when they think nobody is looking, they'll jump for joy in secret!

How long ago was that? It's possible that the break up is the reason.

...Though any number of things could be the cause and we may never know...

I think they broke up last month.

But I think days before his sucide attempt pictures were taken of his ex lover and her new boy friend.

I think he was upset with the split but a month after seeing her happy with a new man must of drove him over the edge.

Cpt.McCloud said:
This is gonna mean tropic thunder is going to be delayed:(

Funny you should say that, look what I just read this morning:

'Two days after being hospitalized for an attempted suicide, Owen Wilson has dropped out of the DreamWorks' ensemble comedy Tropic Thunder, reports Variety.'

I'm actually very gutted, this sounded like a real good film.

'It is unclear whether Wilson's role would be recast or eliminated from the comedy, which revolves around a group of actors shooting a big-budget war movie who are forced to become the soldiers they are portraying.'

It also stars Jack Black!

Linkage

Back