Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

MasterJedi2U

Banned
Jan 28, 2007
Durham, NC
Wii Online Code
5251-2094-6508-9892
Okay so I'm thinking seriously of getting Super Paper Mario for the Nintendo Wii but I don't know if I should first pick up this game in order to fully understand the game and know how gameplay is. My question is...Is this a great game and a must have for my collection? I've decided to not get Mario Kart Double Dash cuz several people and IGN have said that its not a big step up from Mario Kart 64 and is actually missing some cruical things that made the first one so good. Then Mario Kart 64 on the VC has saving issues and the lack of "ghosts" so I don't think I want that either. So I'm looking into this game. Any opinion would be appreciated. Its going for aroud $20 dollars on Amazon and eBay and these are NEW games.

Ok I have heard that this game is really good in terms of Paper Mario's gameswhich are mostly RPG..But the new game for the Wii called Super Paper Mario is said to be a platformer entirely and will not have any of the RPG elements in the original Paper Mario game, only the look of the game is the same but the gameplay is quite different, but I assure you it will be a great game also.

Well, I don't like RPG'S but if you do the sure! and it also lets you block attacks and have a timed button pressing for attacks and defenses when battling, the story is funny and cool as well as the forms Mario can take since he's made out of paper..so yeah I guess you should get it, it's one of the must haves GC games.

The new super paper mario actually will have some rpg elements, just not quite as much as the thousand year door. But i do reccomend a buy. Its actually decently long and pretty addicting

I've beat Paper Mario, was the second best RPG i have played on the GC. (First was ToS), but i would just get both, I would get the GC version first then Wii later. $20 for paper mario is a good price.

Nah I've beaten TYD and it's just Mario but in Paper form. You can change into a paper plane and stuff. Not really a storyline unless it wishes to carry on. Shouldn't need to worry. I'd rent it to get a taster :thumbsup:

lordrrr said:
double dash= failiure

Go away.... Right now! Mario Kart: Double Dash was the best game for the Gamecube in ANY aspect of racing terms....

Last edited:
I like Mario Kart but when I played Double Dash I just thought the franchise had gone downhill but then the DS version and the arcade one came out and I had hope that the Wii version will be even better with no stupid partnership in the same cart!

Last edited:
Yeah this friend of mine says that its not even worth $10.00 and yet its selling for like 30 or more on eBay AND Amazon which I find ridiculous. At most I'd pay $20-$25 for it but everyone seems to think its horrible so I'm not even sure I should waste my time and money on it. Paper Mario on the other hand looks to be really funny and engaging so I'm 99% sure I'm gonna get it.

Yeah get that one and then when Super Paper Mario comes out get it too if you liked and want to see the next chapter of the Thousand Year Door

Wii_Smurf said:
Mario Kart: Double Dash was the best game for the Gamecube in ANY aspect of racing terms....

i have to agree. i liked this game alot even though most people seemed to not enjoy it.

Parer Mario H#$l Of A Game.
Also If You Dont Have This Get
Super Mario Rpg: Legend Of The 7 Stars.
Its Super Hard At The End But Its Worth It.
Plus If You Misseed It Culex In Game In Monstro Town. =)

Back