Piercing

Skorp said:
Nose piercings can be sexy I think. My old roommates girlfriend had one and it suited her really well. Just depends on the person.

It's not sexy when she's complaining about getting her hair stuck in it. D:

^ haha, that sounds like a pain, the girl i knew had shorter hair, never heard of that being a problem for her.

The eyebrow piercing was alowed because my sis had her belly done so my mum said i could get it done (only because it wouldnt have been fair lol)

but this im having second thoughts on it now, but my mum said yes, my dad said no (only because he thinks i will look like an emo, n he thinks all emos are gay and doesnt want me to end up like them - i know, it kinda sad for a man to say no cause of that lol)

ill probably just wait a while and be sure of my decision (thinkin of not getting it done now)

The nose ones? or the snake bites?

I believe the nose ones are like earrings, have two pieces you separate to remove them. I could be horribly and embarrassingly wrong however.

nope the nose ones are just 1 little curved bar that they slide in lol

In my opinion, don't do it. The only piercings that I personally find attractive are nose, bellybutton, and ear (although anywhere in the ear is cool, not just the earlobe). I understand different people have different tastes, and I certainly don't discriminate/judge people who have assorted piercings, but it just makes them less physically-attractive to me personally.

I've got 3 piercings, 1 in my lip and 2 in my ear (You can probably see on my profile pic)

It's something I did when I was younger, but I don't regret it at all, it's about being young and feeling free.
You can take them out for a few hours and they won't heal up, employers won't mind if you take them out, I've worked in about 3 places with my lip done, so long as I took it out between breaks they didn't mind. Besides if you get bored of it you can leave it out and it will heal back over.

Go for it if you want, nothing to stop you. Just be wary of tattoo's, they are for life.

I too am against piercings, but guess what? I'm not living your life. The most important thing is that you do what you want to do. Its great that you're getting other people's opinions so that you can make an informed decision, just make sure that whatever you do, you do it because you want to, not because the kids on WiiChat wanted you to.

I've got to admit that snakebites look really cool, in my opinion. A girl in my class has them [although they're further down, not touching her lip] and it looks sick. Would I ever do it? Hell no.

If you feel like it, go for it.
I feel like getting another piercing or two soon, I'm going to do it.

I agree with the ear/nose/bellybutton aesthetic - in those locations, I think they can compliment your looks, are interesting but not obtrusive, and can be very sexy.

Other locations are a little distracting, but as other folks have mentioned, I'd never judge someone based on it.

However, some people - it's not unlike the recent talking stain commercial - can get distracted and form opinions *just* based on something as simple as a pierced ear.

There are certain "professional" standards that vary from different positions, employers, etc., you have to realize you might limit yourself (at least with piercings they're easy to remove). It's a simple formula of action and consequences. You either have to conform a little OR not conform and deal with the potential limitations OR define your own universe where you can do WTF you want to (I generally choose the latter).

The Wifey© and I both have piercings (hers more than just her ears).

Also there are some **other** locations, that umm, probably shouldn't be discussed here :D

It looks amazing on some people, like hiiiim =] Oli Sykes <3

If you look like that.. do it.

beautifullieoq9.jpg

It's a definite no from me. I detest facial piercings, only the nose stud does look decent on some girls, but besides that no thank you. Maybe you should save your money for something you might need down the road?

owlsgo said:
where do my posts keep going, darlings?

Sometimes the mods slip in under the cover of night and perform covert post deletes. I had a few that I guess were considered off-topic (even for the "off topic" area), or the material is questionable (given the extreme age range on the forum).

Back