Plastic Surgery, Lifts, Liposuction, etc.

I think liposuction is a terrible thing. Fat people are perfectly able to get rid of the weight themselves. To even get the surgery, you have to lose more weight to get it. I don't see what's wrong with going the whole way. I don't have sympathy for you if think surgery is the only option to lose weight, you're clearly just doing it wrong. Seriously, there's nothing stopping fat people from just not eating as much crap as they do. They can control it. Someone can't control whether they have a cleft palate or not. Of course, if you let yourself get that fat there's some mental issues you're not looking at, but surgery won't help you that much.

Exactly. It's like getting a stomach band installed to control what you eat. If you have to go that far, you have some psychological issues that need to be dealt with first.
Like this woman, she was complaining about not being able to play with her kids, but it's her fault she got that way. A medical condition may make you gain a little weight, but damn, you can't blame 900 pound on a ****ing disease.
448.jpg

I'd hate to be the doctor that did her Lipo surgery, he might get lost. :/

I fully support the right of anyone to do these things, but I don't really know if that's up for debate.

As for the morality of them: If it's something you can change, I probably frown upon it; if it's something that is unchangable otherwise, be my guest.

If you want to throw away your money to have a guy suck the failsuace out of your stomach through a tube, have fun, but I won't be waiting for you to get out of the operating room.

Not true. Yes, there are alot of fat people who are fat due to laziness and over-eating, but there are people who have gotten uncontrollably fat from diseases, and cannot lose the weight naturally through exercise & diet due to other health issues and disabilities. In which case, I can see the use of liposuction not being a terrible decision if the person is aware of and understands the risks.

I will agree though that liposuction is definitely not a shortcut one should take if they are capable of diet & exercise.

I think the amount of fat people who are fat "just because" outnumbers those who really don't have an option to control this or not. Obviously this is true, seeing the the rapid growth in fat people of the past years, and genes just can't change to make us fat over a couple of decades. People are mostly doing it to themselves.

There are always the exceptions for anything, like abortion and whatever. The vast majority of people simply don't need them.

Back